Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: $4.50 for a bottled water at the movie theatre....AND I PAID IT! [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can come anytime...

i warn you that the pugs will probably want your cheeseburgers. they're not too interested in the burgers i make (which are out of black beans or falafel). :P
Quote Reply
Re: $4.50 for a bottled water at the movie theatre....AND I PAID IT! [Jeff Spicoli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I worked at a United Artists theatre when I was in high school and to this day can't bring myself to pay for "movie food". The markup then, and now, is astronomical. The manager told me however that ticket sales don't keep the lights on, concession sales do. The ticket revenue goes to the studios and the sale of food goes to the theatre operators. I don't care who it goes to, $12 for a soda, popcorn, and small candy is just bad math.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: $4.50 for a bottled water at the movie theatre....AND I PAID IT! [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
how do you know we don't buy a small and split it?

some people thrive on being negative and very judgmental, clearly from your responses, it seems you are one of them.
You should tell him you wash it down with a nice.....cold......glass.......of MILK!

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember, some I forget
Some of them living, some of them dead
All I want is to be home ".....Foo Fighters, Home

Quote Reply
Re: $4.50 for a bottled water at the movie theatre....AND I PAID IT! [Jeff Spicoli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is where my girlfriends oversized Coach purse fits into the equation, I baught it so i get to fill it when we go to the movies! I usually pack some homemade chocolate covered animal crackers for her, she is after all my sweety

~The B
The new poster child for triathlon...Pretty Boy Billy
(lets see if that sticks)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just amazed that people can't sit thru a 2 hr movie without having to eat a buffet. Could this be a reason why Americans are so fat??? I usually go to a early movie and then go out for dinner afterwards. I skip the overpriced snacks in the theater.

18x Ironman, 3x Hawaii
US Army (Ret.), Vietnam Vet ('71-'72)
Quote Reply
Re: $4.50 for a bottled water at the movie theatre....AND I PAID IT! [IronRod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All this talk about movie theater smuggling and no one has brought up smuggling beers in. I used to bring 6 Rhinelanders into every movie. 2 breast pocket, 2 hand pocket, 2 pants pocket.

The good old days.
Quote Reply
Re: $4.50 for a bottled water at the movie theatre....AND I PAID IT! [mhemberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I smuggled in a whole pizza once. This was in Alaska where everybody had big parkas. Damn did it taste good.

I also used to bandit the movies: pay for one, stay for several. Now I can barely sit through one.

-----------------------------------------------------
Last edited by: BottomFeeder: Feb 19, 07 18:47
Quote Reply

Prev Next