Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$20 pharmacy compression socks Vs. $120 "brand name" compression tights
Quote | Reply
for recovery not performance, is it necessary to have a garment that goes all the way to the waist. I noticed some compression socks for 20 bucks at the pharmacy today and i'm wondering if they will give me some/all of the benefits that a much more expensive Skins, 2XU, UA, suit would do.

Quote | Reply
Since participating in the 100/100 challenge I have been using the
$20 version for recovery while sleeping and on runs over 1hr

If I was flying some where I could see some benefit in the full pant, but I find I get more pain/stiffness in my calves than anywhere else from running.
My $.02
Andrew

C'mon legs run faster!
Being fast on a crappy bike is cool
Fueled by Guinness, Tuborg, Anchor Steam and Creemore Springs
Quote Reply
Re: $20 pharmacy compression socks Vs. $120 "brand name" compression tights [mtlrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]for recovery not performance, is it necessary to have a garment that goes all the way to the waist. I noticed some compression socks for 20 bucks at the pharmacy today and i'm wondering if they will give me some/all of the benefits that a much more expensive Skins, 2XU, UA, suit would do.[/reply]

It is funny you wrote this as I was thinking the same thing. I too started teh 100/100 run thing. Just pulling my socks up as high as they will go and using 2 pairs while sleeping has DEFINITELY helped my recovery.

So a few days ago I started wearing my bike tights after my runs and rides and YOWZA very happy with the results. In fact I find that if I wear them after a long/hard bike for a day the recovery is going well. BUT if I don't wear them the next day the DOMS(delayed onset of muscle soreness) comes back.

I say go for the compression hose that goes all the way from the toes to the waist.

Quote Reply
Re: $20 pharmacy compression socks Vs. $120 "brand name" compression tights [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just found these online actually, $40 seems pretty reasonable

http://www.ameswalker.com/new20menwais.html