Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$2000 to spend- what road bike?
Quote | Reply
Looking to get a more endurance-oriented road bike. Not married to a particular brand, but I want to avoid somethiing boutique that I can't get any service on locally. Used is fine, too. What would this get me in the market right now?

Thinking:
Specialized Roubaix Comp
Trek 3.1 or 4.1
Scott Cr1
Cervelo S2 (or older S1- I have my eye on a local sale for a 2009 S1 aluminum)
Felt Z

Insights, and let me know what I am missing...Thanks for any advice.
Last edited by: Tristram: Sep 17, 12 17:51
Quote Reply
Re: $2000 to spend- what road bike? [Tristram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This might sound a little odd, but if you really want to spend $2000 or less out the door, check out Raleigh's current line - some good values there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should consider building up your own bike. You could build a very nice bike for 2k. Personally I'd recommend a Valdora. http://www.valdoracycles.com/ . Absolutely love mine and will be on it the rest of my life. It is also super fast too which helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same exact question. Answers just 5 days old!

Cliff notes: Caad10 is the correct answer. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: $2000 to spend- what road bike? [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:

I bought the 10-3 and could not be more pleased. Ride one.
The 10-4 would be under 2000.

Another recent review singing its praises. http://www.bicycling.com/...uctdetail?gfid=66299
Quote Reply
Re: $2000 to spend- what road bike? [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:

That's the thread I started. After looking around I have decided to go with a CAAD 10. My local bike shop is getting 2013 bikes in this week and they quoted me around $1400 for 105 bike. I am just using it for training and back up so I don't feel the need to get anything more. Looking forward to giving the bike a go as everyone I talk to seems to think it is a great bike.

chris

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Re: $2000 to spend- what road bike? [christian1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My concern with the C'Dales is the headtube- it looks lower than I would want...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you going to be racing, or do you just want a beater bike to screw around on? You can get some extra versatility by getting a cyclocross bike like a CAADX. They have taller headtubes, they are comfortable, and you can run your normal road wheels or wide knobbies depending on road and weather conditions. You may want to throw a standard or compact crank on since a 46 tooth might not give you the top end speed you need.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Cannondale Synapse is their endurance\comfort bike, I haven't looked at the geometry but its probably a bit less aggressive. Roughly the same price as the CAAD10.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The answer is any good $1750, but only after you spend the $250 on bike fit. Use that information to buy the best possible bike for YOU. You will be faster, ride further and in more comfort on a well fitting $1000 bike than you will on an ill-fitting $10k bike...

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply