Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "real" food that won't get nasty or spoil on a long, hot ride? [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
Nothing beats a nice, cold, 20oz Coke every three hours or so on a long summer ride.

Nothing.[/reply]

How do you keep it cold?
Quote Reply
Re: "real" food that won't get nasty or spoil on a long, hot ride? [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not know what "bars" you have tired of, but I road a hard 80 on Sunday, and the two blueberry clif bars I ate at miles 30 and 55 tasted like the food of the gods at the time. Clif bars are very solid and cannot melt like other energy bars may. They taste so good I do not considering them an energy bar. To me, they are real food. Plus they are vegan so you avoid dairy digestion difficulties.
Last edited by: Jawman16: May 30, 07 11:06
Quote Reply
Re: "real" food that won't get nasty or spoil on a long, hot ride? [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for those peanut butter-filled pretzels, and Fig Newtons. I stuff my Bento Box with Fig Newtons for long rides and always keep a Clif Bar in the back pocket too. For IM, I keep a peanut butter and banana sandwich in my special needs bag.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just stop somewhere for a hamburger.
Quote Reply
Re: "real" food that won't get nasty or spoil on a long, hot ride? [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a cooler :)
Quote Reply
Re: "real" food that won't get nasty or spoil on a long, hot ride? [lilystyx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll second that... baked potatoes with some butter and salt are great on long rides.
Quote Reply

Prev Next