Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"race day wheels" race wheel rental
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any feedback? Is the company easy to work with? Were the wheels in good condition?
Quote Reply
Re: "race day wheels" race wheel rental [cochise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are excellent. Where else can you get brand new Zipps for the weekend...plus you can buy them after the race if your so impressed! First class people!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used them on three occassions last year, and have never had a problem. They offer a great selection of wheels and very good service.

Wheels were in excellent condition.

I'm using them for IMAZ and IMC this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used them last year and ended up buying the wheel set from them (Zipp 999s). I was very pleased with the quality of both the product and the service. Very fair, very organized. Highly recommend.
Quote Reply
Re: "race day wheels" race wheel rental [beaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. I am faxing my rental form today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are the quality of the tires they ship with them? Are they brand new? What make/model?

Lar Dog
Quote Reply
Re: "race day wheels" race wheel rental [Lar Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe they sen the wheels with TUFO's. Regardless of how old they are, I am going to take them off and put Vittorias on. I'll reglue the TUFO's when I send them back. But it is my understanding that the tires will have some miles on them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on the fact that they are used tires, I think the following makes sense for my "A" race. I would tell them to ship them without tires on them and then put a new pair of Conti-Competion sew ups on...

Lar Dog
Quote Reply
Re: "race day wheels" race wheel rental [Lar Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sounds like a good idea. At least if you happen to puncture on your new conti's you would know the flat didn't happen because you were riding the used tufo's. A little peace of mind I suppose.
Quote Reply