Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"converting times" to IMLP
Quote | Reply
All-

I realize that each ride may have different areas to gain and lose at IMLP (maybe lose, and more to lose would be better).

*I'm wondering how you guys would "convert" a time at IMLP to a time at say...IM Florida.

Specifically the bike and the run, because it seems those are the most different.

Eg. "5 hours at IMLP = 4:55 at Florida."

Or is it a much larger difference......

*And then how much does that make the run harder + the run hills themselves.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: "converting times" to IMLP [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course it depends on your speed, but I would say its closer to +1/2 hour for Lake Placid. My husband is pretty consistant and has done both races 5 times each. His finishes are from 9:30 to 10 hours in LP and 9:09 to 9:30 in IMFL.

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Re: "converting times" to IMLP [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Bryant just did 10:01 today and did 10:01 last year at CDA (Good to see a local kick ass!). I know he is stonger on the bike this year, so like you said who knows. Sounds like support crew has some good data. Might also depend on the day and your training. Flats are hard for a lot of people for so long.
Quote Reply
Re: "converting times" to IMLP [teege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simple - take the square root of Pi and divide it by the number of atoms in the universe...and 12 to that and convert to hours. That is how many hours more that you will take at IMLP than at FLorida.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply