Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Who will wear the Jersey?" Anyone? [jjcha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like this idea !
Quote Reply
Re: "Who will wear the Jersey?" Anyone? [caius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
except they don't do that at the TDF, they wait until the awards ceremony for each day. It's quick after the stage finishes, but it's not right after the guy crosses the finish line. Might be what it looks like on TV, but not the case.
Quote Reply
Re: "Who will wear the Jersey?" Anyone? [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it. So did they put the jersey on him at the awards ceremony? I can't find anything about it anywhere. So much for the hype.
Quote Reply
Re: "Who will wear the Jersey?" Anyone? [caius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone does have a picture of the magical jersey, please post it here. I saw somone posted a picture on Twitter, but is was of low quality and one could not see the jersey and all of its awesomeness.
Quote Reply
Re: "Who will wear the Jersey?" Anyone? [obi-one] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
obi-one wrote:
Rappstar wrote:
I don't know very much about it, just the bit that explained when they asked if they could use my picture.

I think the idea is that triathlon - and Ironman - deserves to have it's own sort of "championship signature." Right now, athletes - myself included - use the rainbow stripes, but really, that's just taken from cycling. Neither running nor swimming uses them. But like the rainbow stripes, or the maillot jaune, or the maglia rosa, or (I would add the vuelta, but they just changed from golden to red)... I think it's a nice tradition.

So rather than "borrowing" from another sport, they are going to make their own.

That's all I know. Actually, what I know is just that there are going to be "champions jerseys" as part of a new honoring of the person who wins in Kona (not sure about Vegas). The rest is my own extrapolation from that conversation with WTC.

Wasn't Mark Allen one of the first if not the first to "borrow" the rainbow stripes? I think the bike jersey he wore at he 89 Ironman had the stripes, he had just won the World Champs in France earlier that summer.

And IIRC the UCI stepped in and told him to stop wearing the stripes.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: "Who will wear the Jersey?" Anyone? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not stopping MACCA from still wearing them currently.

And from a staunch follower of Road Racing, he's not wearing the correctly. You only should wear them across the chest whilst you're the reigning champ, and thereafter small bands on the cuffs, and as accents (like Rappstar does).
Quote Reply
Re: "Who will wear the Jersey?" Anyone? [mudjumper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is the current ITU long course world champ. Stripes across the chest is appropriate.

So what happened with this Jersey? Was it at the awards ceremony?
Quote Reply
Re: "Who will wear the Jersey?" Anyone? [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"After veteran in the sport Bob Babbitt gave some of his own observations (Natascha Badmann’s 5:06 bike split and Kenny Glah’s 29th IRONMAN), the age group awards got well under way. From the fresh-faced 18-24 year-olds to the 80-plus age group that drew especially enthusiastic applause, every group champion was “crowned” with their new Champions’ Jerseys." Originally from: http://beta.ironman.com/...t.aspx#ixzz29UlQcQAv

Still no picture of the mythical Champions’ Jerseys. Anyone who has pictures of the Champions’ Jerseys, please post here.
Quote Reply
Re: "Who will wear the Jersey?" Anyone? [P3whitelighting] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this is a great marketing idea! Should have been done in 1980.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking if you are copying some other federations copywrited jersey and are astute enough to change in just enough to not get a seize and desist order, appropriate isn't the proper word.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they are trying to branch out more marketing but it does seem like a yellow jersey idea.

Alan Kipping-Ruane, USAT Level 1, USAT Youth and Junior
Triathlon & Endurance Coach
TriGuy Multisport Coaching, LLC
http://www.TriGuyCoaching.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TriGuyCoaching
Quote Reply
Re: "Who will wear the Jersey?" Anyone? [aztri81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IIRC, age group winners got a red polo shirt in 2004 with a discreet embroidery mentioning the AG and year on the chest. This was definitely meant as some kind of "winner jersey".

I think Joe Bonness got one maybe you can track him or Sue down for confirmation.

---
First with the head, then with the heart. -- HG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pete Jacobs was seen waitng at the expo 'Champion Merchandise' tent the following day. He purchased a mug but the jersey at $200 was a little too much.

MattAune wrote:
He is the current ITU long course world champ. Stripes across the chest is appropriate.

So what happened with this Jersey? Was it at the awards ceremony?

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will wear this jersey :-)
It is designed by Alika Hoomana, a great guy from Kailua who did the race as well this year!
Sam
samgyde.com

Last edited by: sgy: Oct 16, 12 18:54
Quote Reply
Re: "Who will wear the Jersey?" Anyone? [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for posting! Awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really lame. Instead of trying to copy cycling, they should use an approach unique to triathlon: Have a giant champion" tattoo.
Last edited by: AmaDablam: Oct 16, 12 19:46
Quote Reply
Re: "Who will wear the Jersey?" Anyone? [AmaDablam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To late, some one has already thought of that. The Single Speed World Champions get a tattoo
Quote Reply
Re: "Who will wear the Jersey?" Anyone? [AmaDablam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it looks nice. I have been one of the biggest critics of the rainbow for tri, but no issue with a jersey, just not another sports jersey.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think thjis is a great idea--even though I'll never get one!

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: "Who will wear the Jersey?" Anyone? [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats. How about a badge to go on your tri top or suit? Any idea what that will look like?
Quote Reply

Prev Next