Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"Turkey Trots"
Quote | Reply
I've done quite a few....but I've got to say, the best is the Manchester, CT Road Race.

http://www.manchesterroadrace.com/

Nothing like running through 'The City with Village Charm' on Turkey day!

4.8 miles that no one takes seriously....dress up as turkeys, santa claus, and my favorite: "Safety Man"

Happy Thanksgiving!
Quote Reply
Re: "Turkey Trots" [gcgctri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I, along with my whole family, are in for the Austin, TX Turkey Trot....:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in one tomorrow in Erie PA. Supposed to be in the low 30's with another lake effect snow warning. Should be fun.

I am also doing the Manchester Road Race. "It's Thanksgiving in Manchester!" KJ, any chance of an Endorfun turkey trot next year? Maybe we can make it part of the new Endorfun point series. See you at Moosey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Running Shop in Tucson puts on The Thanksgiving Day XC 5k with seperate starts for the men and women. Lets hope for plenty of rain today through race time for a wet, sloppy, squishy race course!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: "Turkey Trots" [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The Running Shop in Tucson puts on The Thanksgiving Day XC 5k with seperate starts for the men and women. Lets hope for plenty of rain today through race time for a wet, sloppy, squishy race course!
Don't know if it still goes on, but Washington Park in Denver did a 4 mile Turkey Trot that I used to do every year with my parents, aunt, three cousins and two uncles.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a good one on Cape Cod that is presented by Time Out Productions. All you need to enter is to bring food for the needy. My family will run the race together....just for fun (no PRs tomorrow)! Cant wait! If you are on Cape Cod, go for it and have fun!

TT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doing "Run for the Diamonds" in Berwick PA. 99th year!

No, I won't be in contention for any 'ice'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be enjoying the Run to Feed the Hungry tomorrow with over 10,000 of my closest friends. At mile 1 I will decide if I am doing the 5K or 10K.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5 miler in Easton, MA. 8am. Should be just about 30*

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Father Joe's 5k in San Diego. Beautiful Balboa Park, San Diego weather, cool T-shirts, blues band, apple pie, and cold beer at the finish. Plus the proceeds go to feed thousands of homeless people for the holidays. Tough to beat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our club does a Turkey Trot in Pacific Grove. Here's the announcement...

Once more Thanksgiving is just around the corner and it’s time for the annual Rob Cobley Memorial WNLR Turkey Trot Non-Race Run…yes, it’s a mouthful! And it will prepare you for a mouthful (or 5 or 6) later that day.

Date: Thursday, November 27th

Time: 8:00 AM (but come early for the pre-run fun)

Rules: NO WATCHES. The run is an out and back or whatever course you’d like that begins at Lover’s Point in PG. The goal is to win the race by being the first male or female to cross the finish line in a time closest to 1:00:00. You can run hard or walk easy…you can meander 10 feet and dance in place for an hour. This is great fun way to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving and to touch base with people you maybe haven’t seen in a while. Friends, relatives, pets are all welcome. Be sure to run carefully, however, and know that there will be vehicles on the road that won’t be overjoyed by 100+ boisterous runners.

Awards: Our hideous perpetual trophies are maintained by the male and female winners for one year and then need to be returned race morning. Photos of last year’s winners are attached…if anyone knows these people please let them know we need the trophies at Lover’s Point next Thursday morning. And remind them to add a decorative touch…

Look forward to seeing everyone there, rain or shine, for a great time!

Me and my dog Riley running last year's race (hopefully sunny again this year)...

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Last edited by: Smil'n Hawaiian: Nov 26, 08 9:04
Quote Reply
Re: "Turkey Trots" [KJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here, been in Austin for 10 yrs, but this will be my first Turkey Trot. Mimosa party at a parking garage afterward, its going to be great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL! Hey, I've done that one (Manchester, CT) when I lived out there! Done one in several cities (the largest being the one in Cincy with 10,600 + finishers in '08. Next year is the 100th anniversary making it the oldest one in the U.S. I think. Winner did the moderately hilly 10K course in 30:35!).

Last edited by: rroof: Nov 26, 08 9:11
Quote Reply
Re: "Turkey Trots" [rocklinwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10,000 at Run to Feed the Hungry??? Try about 27,000 - I'll be there as always. It is the largest T-day run in the country. And the RD is a great man - very kind and generous.

-----

Blazeman Warrior - so others may live
Live more than your neighbors.... Bark at the moon like the wild dog that you are.... And by all means, whatever you do, get it on film.

Last edited by: Rokko: Nov 26, 08 10:10
Quote Reply
Re: "Turkey Trots" [Smil'n Hawaiian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds like a terrific fun Turkey Trot! Especially since you can bring the dog. Always a big plus in my world!

There is no justice, there is only me. -- Death
Quote Reply
Re: "Turkey Trots" [Rokko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
? The race in Sacramento, right? They listed about 6K finishers for BOTH the 5K and 10K.

Quote | Reply
In for the TT in downtown Orlando tomorrow. Hate that it is only a 5K, but love that my 8-year-old daughter wants to run it with me. Hope that this is the first of many to come.

----------------------------------------------------------

If it's a YMCA pool, the lightning wanders around the locker room naked for an hour, then uses the blow dryer on its junk. -lunchbox
Quote Reply
Re: "Turkey Trots" [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep, in Sac. You have the option to run for a time. The RD is a legend and great one to run with too. I just can't talk as much as he can during our tempo runs. I am huffing and puffing and he is just chatting away.
Quote Reply
Re: "Turkey Trots" [rocklinwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done tempo runs with Rich too where it is the same thing. The difference is my tempo run is a slow jog for him. Latest numbers I've heard are 27,000 runners and walkers expected.

-----

Blazeman Warrior - so others may live
Live more than your neighbors.... Bark at the moon like the wild dog that you are.... And by all means, whatever you do, get it on film.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love Turkey Trots...why isn't there one in NYC? I know they have the Macy's Parade, but there's several other places that could host a small 5k.

Enjoy your Trot and Turkeys.

Keep Tri-ing

To a point, we all care what people think. And those that say: "I don't care what people think", usually care the most.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
....And no rain :)

wow, 27,000 runners. Parking is going to be fun.

Good Luck tomorrow. Are you doing the 5k or 10k?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the coolest one in Maine was last weekend - the awards for AG winners are turkeys.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: "Turkey Trots" [dmorella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is one in NYC - in Prospect Park, Brooklyn. It's one of my favorites - 5 miles of pretty fall scenery and the winners get pies. Info is here: http://www.pptc.org/...turkey_trot_2008.php

To the OP, I'm doing the 2nd annual Seattle Turkey trot - very low-key, no timing chips or bib #'s. This is my first time doing it, but apparently they went from having 30 people last year to 150 this year. I'm pretty excited about it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Michelle

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the Turkey Trots once... must have been undercooked :)

Happy Thanksgiving ST

"Spectacular achievements are always preceded by spectacular preparation."
Quote Reply

Prev Next