Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Time" TT Bike
Quote | Reply
So what do you do when your bike sponsor doesn't make a TT bike? You go and buy a bunch of Speed Concepts and repaint them :)

http://www.matosvelo.fr/...e-Trek-Speed-Concept

Article is in French but the pictures say it all :)

I know this is pretty common with components but I can't recall seeing it done with frames.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: "Time" TT Bike [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually didn't Trek do this once? I seem to recall Lance riding a Lightspeed bike rebranded as a Trek.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he who shall not be named rode a litespeed rebadged as a trek back in 1999
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yup. lance rode a rebranded litespeed blade for quite a while in the early years before trek nailed down their tt bike.

- The Who
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was it time or look that had a P3 rebranded ( the famous how exactly do you get this wheel out of the frame incident). i'm pretty surprised that Time doesn't have a TT bike.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess they couldn't get the P5's in time either

http://train4autism.org/
Quote Reply
Re: "Time" TT Bike [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was it time or look that had a P3 rebranded ( the famous how exactly do you get this wheel out of the frame incident). i'm pretty surprised that Time doesn't have a TT bike.

back in the 2001 tour CSC was sponsored by LOOK but team captain laurent jalabert rolled a rebadged P3 for the TT stages.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Last edited by: Tribato: Jun 9, 12 15:52
Quote Reply
Re: "Time" TT Bike [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P2 rebranded as a Bianchi....

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Last edited by: Barchettaman: Jun 10, 12 0:33
Quote Reply
Re: "Time" TT Bike [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tribato wrote:

back in the '99 tour CSC was sponsored by LOOK but team captain laurent jalabert rolled on a rebadged P3

Jaja was still riding for ONCE in 99 and CSC wasn't even around yet. I think he rode the rebadged P3 in 2001.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: "Time" TT Bike [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaja was still riding for ONCE in 99 and CSC wasn't even around yet. I think he rode the rebadged P3 in 2001.

ooops, had the year wrong...you are absolutely correct!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Odd, Time did make a pretty neat looking UCI-complaint frame set a few years back- I always like the aesthetics of it- who knows how it tested?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think Time may still make there TT bike not totally sure. what i do know is that there TT bikes we all custom order/ made for a rider and cost something like $13k, so may be there reson behind dropping it as how do you generate enough sales when its totally custom. the frame was also developed around the same time as the TTX for mick rodgers when he was at Quick Step.

hoppersportsperformance.com
Quote Reply
Re: "Time" TT Bike [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It is a Trek SpeedConcept

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: "Time" TT Bike [dwesley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dwesley wrote:
he who shall not be named rode a litespeed rebadged as a trek back in 1999

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply