Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Tight" chest. Allergies? Asthma?
Quote | Reply
Ok ST'ers here's the deal: In the last month or so I've been getting a sensation of "pressure" on my chest. It is very slight and doesn't really affect my breathing. It's slightly uncomfortable when sitting in a chair and if I slouch. It feels like someone pushing right on my diaphragm.

Now, I've never had asthma or any breathing problems. It doesn't seem to be related to exercise - comes on days I workout and days I don't.

But, I do have some miserable Texas mold allergies and it's about that time of year. I'm assuming it's allergies, but wanted a few more opinions.

And yes, I am headed to the Dr. for a general tune up in a few days.

-----
"I do my best to slay" - Matt Pike
Quote Reply
Re: "Tight" chest. Allergies? Asthma? [fireface] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Michigan and had the exact same issue this past summer. I also had an elevated HR during workouts and was very fatigued. Doctor prescribed Allegra at the end of August. Two days on the allergy med's and I felt like a new person.

Hope you get it figured out.
Quote Reply
Re: "Tight" chest. Allergies? Asthma? [trifil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. I have a sneaking suspcision that it is allergy hell. I'm actually going in to see if I can get lined up for shots. There's too much funk in the air!

-----
"I do my best to slay" - Matt Pike
Quote Reply
Re: "Tight" chest. Allergies? Asthma? [fireface] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is Allergy season...

Your doc might give you a Ventolin for the "tightness" if the allergy meds don't work out for you...

===============================

member of the Litespeed Mafia
Quote Reply