Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can start now.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eh - I thought it'd just be a link to TNO
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Kent's a nice guy too and Jim (but his not here often now) and Tom D. See there are nice guys around, it's just that we always come last. Hey, see that's how nice we are ;-)

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can start now.
Hee Hee, thanks for the example of why I put what I did on the womens forum about you! LOL!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the new username, its very "artist formerly known as".

Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Post deleted by pianoplayer [ In reply to ]
Re: "The Womens" Forum [carlson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, come on - does no one else see the irony in these two statements? Isn't this a bit like Swimfan starting a forum for fat triathletes?

Gee, I wonder why we need a women's forum. Hmmmmm......
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [carlson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent an e-mail to Rosies fan site... ;-)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
something tells me you should have locked this thread...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]I like the new username, its very "artist formerly known as".[/reply]

Yeah, my next one will be just a symbol. You should see what I have designed for that one! ;)
M~
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [waytooslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Count me among those who think this is a totally unnecessary, counter productive idea.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Fatdoggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When did your opinion start to matter? :)
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [banana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When did your opinion start to matter? :)

Great....abused by nanner on multiple forums. :-))

Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Fatdoggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Counter productive to what? And what's a nanner?

Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe now my wife will stop lurking and start posting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Receptionist: How do you write women so well?
Melvin Udall: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cathy, does this mean if I post there you will not call me nasty 4 letter word names? Smile

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]"[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 2]Are we going to have an over 30 section, singles section, duathlon only section, etc.?"

when a [/size][/black][/font][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 2]series of races catering to over-30, singles, or duathlon contains half the world's largest participation triathlons, then we might consider it. until then, no, we won't do that. for some reason, women respond to women's only triathlons and footraces. some of these women asked for a women's-specific forum. i can't begin to tell you how disappointed i am every time somebody says to me that he or she is a slowtwitch lurker, but is petrified to post because of the acidic tongues that greet those who don't respond in a respectful manner.

maybe this is the forum that draws these people out and allows them to join a tri-specific community with both smart and respectful people: women first, and maybe some men as well. i think it's appropriate to let people know that slowtwitch can be a safe community, but maybe not all the forums are completely safe. i'm hoping this one is completely safe. either way, it's the women's forum, and they will moderate it and turn it into the forum they want. maybe it becomes big, maybe it never grows beyond the 20 or 30 who've asked for it. we'll see.
[/size][/black][/font][/reply]

Intentional divisiveness. Nice. Sounds like a buncha Hilary voters, just cuz women are "different". Dude, they've half the population!

What constitutes "safe" anyway? Do we need to accomodate the least common denominator then, and ban anything that could be deemed confrontational or unfriendly? I mean really, I read a lot on here and see very little acerbic responses to posts that didn't "ask" for it. The people who are petrified to post (please, get a backbone) rarely start threads that turn ugly, and rarely toward them (more likely to those who make a tangential argument among themselves).

Other than an elbow to H20fun's ribs now and then, I'm not a mean poster. And yet this annoys...

Can we have a minority forum? After all, some minorities may not feel "safe" in this very white forum. And their tri issues are just as "unique" as the women's forum.

There are TWO purposes I can see. It can serve as a site for women who want to meet training partners. And it can also mean FLAME ON in the main/normal forum, since by inference, the girls' room is for niceness.

Sad day, peeps.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
me, i don't plan on spending a lot of time in the women's forum. i don't suggest you do either. why don't you and i both stay over here, where we can have more fun ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that why my ribs are sore? And I thought it was because I have been coughing for a week.

Na, Cathy still takes the prize for the nastiest language. You guys are just children compared to her. Smile

But, I thought there was a saying like the nastier the language the better the ..... Smile

Dave

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, we need a tall only forum. I was always taught to only pick on people my size. So, I have to try and be nice to
all the short folks on ST. Smile

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder what Paulo would think of The Womens forum

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked Markus Mucus....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply
Re: "The Womens" Forum [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a guess... and it starts with HTFU...

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Counter productive to what? And what's a nanner?

Nanner = Banana

Counter productive IMO to the community as a whole. Seems to be an addition to the forum that is not needed & divisive.
Quote Reply

Prev Next