Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"The Stick" Massage Tool
Quote | Reply
Just wondering how many fellow ST'ers have discovered "The Stick" massage tool. I have 2 of these things, one small one to travel with and one at home thats stronger and longer to use after long runs and rides. I find them amazing, a great little massage tool that easily pays for itself. Great for a post race / training personal massage as you don't have to rely on anyone else except you.

For anyone that hasn't seen one before, http://www.thestick.com/ is the official website.

- Leghorn -
Quote Reply
Re: "The Stick" Massage Tool [Leghorn11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just in the last few weeks I got one, It seems to be helping with my tight calves alot. This too has seemed to help with my PF in my left foot. Great little tool!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the stick also. It does not hurt as bad as the foam rollers on IT bands and calves. Easy to use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's great early on, but as you progress I think you will find it becomes less and less effective. I used to cry with 2 lbs of pressure at first:( I use a rolling pin on my quads and IT now and split my time 50/50 b/t a foam roller and 4" PVC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had one for a few years. I rarely use it but when I do it is awesome. I should make a new year's resolution to treat myself with it more often.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one.

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Re: "The Stick" Massage Tool [fmacdonald850] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fmacdonald850 wrote:
I have had one for a few years. I rarely use it but when I do it is awesome. I should make a new year's resolution to treat myself with it more often.

X1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good product, mine is ~4 years old. Only recently, the quality of the rollers on the stick are not as good as on their older models. They are using less plastic on them and they seem not to roll as well as on the older models. But overall its still a good buy, just not as good of a buy as it used to be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do love the Stick, but I have been using it less and less in the past year in favor of my Triggerpoint Grid roller.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hit myself with The Stick almost every day.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's great ..for the body parts it can reach. To get the whole spectrum I include a foam roller and a pinky ball (for the deep stuff).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had mine about 6ish years, use it less frequently than I should. I like to bring mine when I go on long road trips, it really helps after long days of driving... that and a golf ball, I'm set (golf ball for feet and glute/piriformis).

I would agree with the comment re: newer "models" - the ones I've seen the last few years aren't as solid as the one I have...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have never had a calf problem in my life, but the stick-on-my-shins is heaven! I use the stick everyday. When I start hitting the track for intervals, the stick is so so soooo important.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Stick" Massage Tool [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The stick idea is great so I made one. A piece of PVC pipe, a foam tube used to insulate hot water pipes and some duct tape.

Quote Reply
Re: "The Stick" Massage Tool [fmacdonald850] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

x3

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: "The Stick" Massage Tool [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
It's great early on, but as you progress I think you will find it becomes less and less effective. I used to cry with 2 lbs of pressure at first:( I use a rolling pin on my quads and IT now and split my time 50/50 b/t a foam roller and 4" PVC.

+1

It was great when I got it but is now too flexy for my needs. Just upgraded to a good quality rolling pin.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the stick along with my pro grid roller. two of my best purchases that I have actually have kept using.
Quote Reply