Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"That's a Nice Stem for the Money" (Pro PLT)
Quote | Reply
Now that we are in the heart of bike bling season(Euro/interbike), I thought I should do a quick write up on a reasonably priced but impressive looking stem. Something most people would actually buy as opposed to the Zipp stem thats been vaporware for going on 2 years now.

I went to my LBS today to order a Deda Zero 1 stem(which, by all counts is a great sub $40 stem, 136 grams in 100mm, -6 degrees, available through QBP). While there I noticed a Pro PLT Stem for $60 that was a -10 degree, which fit my needs even better. No need to wait and a better fit meant I'd throw down a little extra coin.

After installation I gave a torque or two and it seemed stiff. The graphics weren't too garish. It weighed virtually claimed weight at 126 grams for 100mm. It's weight puts it in a class with Ritchey 4 Axis WCS,Zipp SC SL, Deda Zero 100, Bontrager Race X Lite and 3T Arx Team, but it was about $15-40 cheaper than any of those. Likely, I could have gotten the Pro under $50 online. For the true weight weenies out there, it comes with stainless bolts, which means a potential 8-10g weight savings if you go to Ti. I'll just appreciate them surviving the rainy season better than non stainless.

I like really ridiculous bike bling as much as the next guy but when I find something that is pretty reasonably priced, looks good and is 99% of what the blinged out version is, I actually buy the thing.
Quote Reply