Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Swim Technique" by Dan [jonny_fever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While you may find the information poor for the "elitest" national class swimmer, for the average "plug" adult triathlete, whose hydrodynamics make a barge look like a Grand Prix speedboat, the macro level information is quite useful.

You swim studs are sooooo focused on the details you forget that dudes swimming 70 min don't even have a clue of the big picture.

As for the position of the elbow being inconsequential, last time I checked the forearm is attached to the elbow and the hand is attached to the forearm. Further up from the elbow you have the shoulder. The position of all of these plays a role in the catch that you speak of, so rather than stating that the the position of the elbow is inconsequential and it is the catch that count, why not elevate the content of the information by providing a clear explanation of what needs to be done, so we can all benefit, rather than complain about it?

The information is as good as we make it, and remember, it is free, so you get what you pay for :-(

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: "Swim Technique" by Dan [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah...Point well taken. I understand that 'micro' technique adjustments may seem important, however, on the macro scale (especially if you are in the water that long), elbow position will not be important. My suggestion was to get advice from a proper coach. We are all busy, we have have demands on our time... However, swimmers and their coaches often have time (both pool and personal) to help with techniques.

Learn or RE learn the entire stroke process...when your underwater mechanics are sound...elbow position will be a tertiary concern.
Quote Reply
Re: "Swim Technique" by Dan [jonny_fever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Johnny, I agree that my elbow position tends to fall in place when my core body position is good.

Interestingly enough, when I swim outdoors with a long sleeve wetsuit on which the arms have bouyancy, the elbow position tends to take care of itself, as you need to do extra work to drop your elbow!

Dev
Quote Reply

Prev Next