Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Strava suddenly stopped" on droid
Quote | Reply
The app has done this 3x in the last two weeks. I've uninstalled & reinstalled to no avail. Strava can't recover the rides- not that it super duper matters this time of year but still, if I go out and ride a segment hard later in the year or do some challenge I don't want the app to dump my entire activity.

Anybody else running into this problem?
Quote Reply
Re: "Strava suddenly stopped" on droid [juha-pdx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It happened on my iPhone after a quality run. Strava was stuck trying to upload the content for a few days and now its completely gone. Tried rebooting the phone a couple of time but did not work. Oh well life goes on
Last edited by: iand: Jan 14, 14 17:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't open the app on my android. I just noticed it yesterday. It just hangs when i try to open it. I don't use it to record activities though.
Quote Reply
Re: "Strava suddenly stopped" on droid [iand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it's a first world problem as they say but the app worked fine on a junky 'droid I had for almost a year; I picked up a "water proof" droid because it goes on my wet rides in the PNW- worked fine for some months & now sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And this is why Strava shouldn't allow phones to track runs/rides... It drives me nuts because I see so many times where the GPS data from a phone is so off (super fast and slow from mile to mile or different segments). Just buy a GPS watch or bike computer.
Quote Reply
Re: "Strava suddenly stopped" on droid [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on just getting a GPS watch. Too true

-----------------------------------------------------------
Try Not To Puke on the Finish Line!
http://trynot2puke.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
juha-pdx wrote:
I know it's a first world problem as they say but the app worked fine on a junky 'droid I had for almost a year; I picked up a "water proof" droid because it goes on my wet rides in the PNW- worked fine for some months & now sucks.

So, what you're saying is, Strava only works on old and / or junky phones?

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
juha-pdx wrote:
The app has done this 3x in the last two weeks. I've uninstalled & reinstalled to no avail. Strava can't recover the rides- not that it super duper matters this time of year but still, if I go out and ride a segment hard later in the year or do some challenge I don't want the app to dump my entire activity.

Anybody else running into this problem?

What version of Android are you running?
Quote Reply
Re: "Strava suddenly stopped" on droid [matt_tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last edited by: juha-pdx: Jan 15, 14 8:27
Quote Reply
Re: "Strava suddenly stopped" on droid [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. There have been multiple updates to the application over the last year on both the droid & iphone apps- it seems the last one in mid Dec has been most troublesome.
Quote Reply
Re: "Strava suddenly stopped" on droid [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't use it to run. That said I do have a Garmin watch in the house, for that data gets uploaded to TP.

Just getting a head unit for the bike that uploads directly to either TP or Strava is not in the cards as I'm on a wired PT and have three of those in my garage to mix & match among road & TT bikes. I'd want to ship those all back to Saris for the upgrade, then get ant+ enabled head units. At some point, meaning, when I'm ready to drop the coin to go wireless I will but not when I have mostly pretty good tech working.

Some of use the app on a droid or iphone for a reason. As far as the GPS signal being acquired improperly via a phone vs. GPS enabled head unit- my employer is in Bothell and I used to live in Redmond; last winter I had to spend a couple of months working up there- rode the "hills" around there or the trail out to Issaquah & back daily. I didn't see any issues with the speeds on any segments that I'd ridden many times before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've also had quite a lot of this recently and it is a real pain.

Start a new ride you will then be prompted to save or discard the unsaved ride, hopefully you will be sble to sync.

If that fails contact Strava support and email them relevant files.

I've start using ipbike as a backup and they have functionality to then upload to Strava, Training Peaks etc but data such as metres climbed and active time seems quite different.

Could be also worth updating your version of Strava.

I would agree having dedicated Garmin is better to upload but mine packed up and right now I need to get by with a Samsung Galaxy S4.

HTH
Quote Reply
Re: "Strava suddenly stopped" on droid [cowboy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Start a new ride you will then be prompted to save or discard the unsaved ride, hopefully you will be sble to sync.

-It used to be that the app would hold on to the activity, then sync it as if it were in que along with a new activity but doesn't do that now. I immediately tried to start a new ride, e.g. walk around my house. The app is simply not syncing the activity in que anymore. Also logging in & out doesn't even appear to be an option with the droid version.

If that fails contact Strava support and email them relevant files.

Yeah, it's seemingly a dead-end here. They have the same old suggestions- update, log in/out, clear data from app.

I've start using ipbike as a backup and they have functionality to then upload to Strava, Training Peaks etc but data such as metres climbed and active time seems quite different.

Sadly I may just stop using it if it is going to be this unreliable. I already upload files to TP. The draw of the service for me is the stack ranking of the segment times.

Could be also worth updating your version of Strava.

Think I have it as I uninstalled and reinstalled it a day ago.
Last edited by: juha-pdx: Jan 15, 14 9:03
Quote Reply