Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Saving Triathlon" theory
Quote | Reply
Just thought of something... And ya sorry its a Lance thread dont kill me i hate them as much as you...

Anyways... The whole uproar about Lance + Kona was because Lance had a good shot at winning or at least getting on the podium like he did at 70.3 races. As Lance probably doped in the past, some people would then of course say hes winning because he doped in the past. Also, this would put pressure on other athletes to dope in order to "level the playing field" against Lance. Whoevers in control of USADA or Lance's case or whatever... Whoever started the mess... Is a part of USADA. Therefore they probably have very strong opinions against doping. So in their mind, the only way to "save triathlon" from "rampant" doping (I however doubt much would actually change) was to start the case against Lance EVEN WHEN 1. The olympics are in 2 months and should be USADA's priority 2. Lance is retired from cycling 3. The playing field was level in the tours anyways because everyone doped 4. Lance has probably passed more drug tests than any other athlete has taken, so in my mind the likelyhood of USADA actually having concrete evidence seems unlikely. SO, inorder to "save triathlon," the top USADA guy incharge of all this perhaps decided to open an investigation against Lance w/o concrete evidence knowing he would be unable to compete. Just a thought but whatever. The sad thing is that by saving triathlon from doping also killed the enormous benefits triathlon would have recieved from Lance, like media, sponsors, and greate participation, especially in the US.
Quote Reply
Re: "Saving Triathlon" theory [WhiteFlame] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Basically I don't think USADA actually has real evidence... But with WTC's current rules they don't need any evidence at all to keep Lance from competing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nobody has the power (or the balls) to save USADA or WTC from itself...that is the problem. That venture capital company should have recognized Lance for the piggy bank that he is and forced WTC to allow Lance to race so they could shake every penny out of him. Instead they turned tail and fled. This sends a great message to anyone endorsing Ironman events.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: "Saving Triathlon" theory [ZackC.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I honestly do not think that USADA would come at him this far removed from his cycling career if they didnt have some slam dunk evidence to finally make it stick, but I could be totally wrong on that, just my opinion. I do agree with what Crowie said I dont believe you ban someone just because they are under investigation. If there was a test sample that was positive that would be another matter while they waited on a B sample.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WhiteFlame wrote:
like media, sponsors, and greate participation, especially in the US.

Weren't the races selling out before Lance came along?

So really it boils down to selling your soul for the $.
Quote Reply
Re: "Saving Triathlon" theory [Salmon Steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some races definitely were selling out but not all of the 70.3s. I believe with Lance racing the 70.3s were selling more and faster. Both increasing WTC profits.

Ask any regular person about Lance and what is happening and they shake their head wondering what is the US Government thinking. Slam dunk evidence or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WhiteFlame wrote:
Basically I don't think USADA actually has real evidence... But with WTC's current rules they don't need any evidence at all to keep Lance from competing

You know not everyone needs to be doing thinking. You can leave it to people that are good at it.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply