Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [Biff Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Quote:
...but people also watch Dancing with the Stars, and Professional Wrestling, so it's hard to say "crowds" equal "good".
Now what's worse, watching something that some people see as silly (not unlike many people see triathlon) or judging people on it?
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [CapeRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Oh no! Who will employ all the unwanted dopers and operation puerto undesirables now?
Thanks for that. The problem with RR is that I think they're still doping. No way Hamilton wins a national title without the drugs. No way. He's still in denial about his "vanishing twin". Give us a break Tyler. We trusted you and you fu**ed up. Be a man and take your lumps instead of denying your drug use. If the two positives at the Vuelta (A and B samples) weren't enough, don't you think your name all over OP documents was enough? C'mon, the Spanish police have your name all over Dr. Fuentes' records for a detailed doping regimen, and a receipt paid by "Haven Parchinski". Code name, just like Ivan Basso was "Brillo" (Basso's dog), etc.

I'm okay with dopers serving their bans, but there has to be some remorse and admission of guilt. Hamilton has none.

What's more, RR has been filled with other ex-dopers who may still be doping. They also play dirty in crits. They also have an overpriced butt-ugly kit that is offensive to children. If Ball was really serious about building a fan base for cycling in the U.S., he'd be building it from the ground up and doing something for youth cycling development, like we saw with soccer decades ago. Now soccer holds a higher standing in the U.S., thankfully. Ball is interested in his bottom line. If he bails now he confirms what I've always believed: he's in it for himself.
HUH? I understand if you think it is ugly, but offensive? Do you keep the kids locked up on Holloween? It's jsut a skull as far as I know, any kid that has seen the goonies or read a Hardy boys book knows what it is. Am I missing something?

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
No way Hamilton wins a national title without the drugs. No way.[/reply]I believe that you are entitled to your opinions on Tyler's doping and lack of an admission/apology, but I'm calling BS on the above statement. The guy led a ProTour team, and was a favorite in the Grand Tours. A rider doesn't get to that level without a lot of dedication and talent, and Tyler had (and still has) both. I'm sure he made some bad choices, but I also confident he has the motor to win the national TT without doping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Oh no! Who will employ all the unwanted dopers and operation puerto undesirables now?
Thanks for that. The problem with RR is that I think they're still doping. No way Hamilton wins a national title without the drugs. No way. He's still in denial about his "vanishing twin". Give us a break Tyler. We trusted you and you fu**ed up. Be a man and take your lumps instead of denying your drug use. If the two positives at the Vuelta (A and B samples) weren't enough, don't you think your name all over OP documents was enough? C'mon, the Spanish police have your name all over Dr. Fuentes' records for a detailed doping regimen, and a receipt paid by "Haven Parchinski". Code name, just like Ivan Basso was "Brillo" (Basso's dog), etc.

I'm okay with dopers serving their bans, but there has to be some remorse and admission of guilt. Hamilton has none.

What's more, RR has been filled with other ex-dopers who may still be doping. They also play dirty in crits. They also have an overpriced butt-ugly kit that is offensive to children. If Ball was really serious about building a fan base for cycling in the U.S., he'd be building it from the ground up and doing something for youth cycling development, like we saw with soccer decades ago. Now soccer holds a higher standing in the U.S., thankfully. Ball is interested in his bottom line. If he bails now he confirms what I've always believed: he's in it for himself.

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've made a deal with myself that once I reach a certain weight I'll spend the bucks on a sweet pair of jeans, not worrying about the cost, just fit and style. Could end up being a pair of Gap or could be R&R.

Of course, I made that deal with myself a couple years ago. Maybe I set my goal weight too low :-)

I love the team jackets/vests.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Of course the $250 jean buyers think cyclists are crazy for spending, well, more than $250 on a bike.
too true, man, too true...
Quote Reply
Re: "Rock Racing Folding" Says NYVelocity.com [DrDubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Now what's worse, watching something that some people see as silly (not unlike many people see triathlon) or judging people on it?"

Clearing watching is worse. (This is afterall ST, where judging is the order of the day...)

"Nevermind the blood. Hows my bike?..."
Quote Reply

Prev Next