Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Promotion" Wetsuits -
Quote | Reply
Anyone own one? Good - bad? Experiences? I only do 1 maybe 2 races per year where a wetsuit is allowed. I may also be doing the Grand Columbia 1/2 IM in Grand Coulee, Washington this September and I'm sure they will be allowed there.

I'm replacing my 12 year old Quintana Roo, I do believe its seen its last race.

Thanks

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: "Promotion" Wetsuits - [rocketman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like my sleeveless. I got the 20% TNO discount, fits great, but I haven't owned anything else so I can't offer a comparison.
Quote Reply
Re: "Promotion" Wetsuits - [robc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've swam in a promotion a few times. I thought it was a really good suit. fit like me qr did and my swim times were the same. this was about 7 yrs ago.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like mine a lot. I've only worn it in one open water swim, but it worked very well. Cam off pretty easy also, though it is a sleeveless. It's worlds better than the borrowed can't remember the name didn't fit right suit that I used for alcatraz :)

Good price too....

Sean

--
http://www.qtfimi.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rocketman,

I tested and raced in these suits last summer. You will not find a better suit for the money! I swam in college and lived in wetsuit free Hawaii, however I had an Ironman suit before which basically was very difficult to take off and fell apart at the zipper. Last summer I had great results with these suits! Promotion offers great quality and value. These suits have some very unique features and come off very fast! Any other questions send me an email at [url "mailto:sroyswim@netscape.net"]sroyswim@netscape.net[/url] or visit the Promotion site at [url "http://www.wetsuit.com"]www.wetsuit.com[/url].

Train smart and enjoy the ride!

Enjoy the journey!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that the same suit that Performance used to sell? I have an old one with leg zippers I got from a buddy and it works great. My new $350 full suit might be 1 minute faster over 2.4 miles.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine has served me well for many a race. Best "Bang for the Buck" out there.

Brett
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried Ironman and Xterra wetsuits and the Promotion fit the best. Much wider range of sizes, and their top end costs the same as most of the other companies low end. Definitely a great suit - and it's got red or green accents so you're easier to spot for your fans. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like my ProMotion wetsuit ALOT. I called them up and a guy took my measurements to ensure that the size I ordered was the right size for me. This was a representative from ProMotion and not some pseudotrained store clerk. All of my swim times have dropped, my shoulders do not get as tired in the swim, and I got the suit for a great price. Talk about bang for buck. My suit floats like a boat, which is great for me because alone I float like a rock.

Jimmy S.

Jimmy S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a full one, like it just fine. At the time I got it, they were one of only a few companies that offered a medium long size to fit skinny tall guys. I got it secondhand, used it 4-5 times a year for the last 4 years, it's holding up fine. Great construction, fits me well, makes me faster: no problems at all.

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Quote Reply