Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"Phantom flats?" Macca, stop now - you're embarassing yourself!
Quote | Reply
Macca has become a joke. This guy is trying so hard to convince us all that he's the best. Perhaps he's really trying to convince himself? Check out the statements from his interview with Triathlete mag - and they're not even taken out of context!!!

About Faris:

"He needs to get smart. He's so two-dimensional, he's so easy to work out. And that's why I'll always have the upper hand over Faris. "

"And I was thinking, "Faris, you're the one with the mental issues"

"The funny thing with Faris, and I saw it this year with him at Roth, was Faris won the world championship without a resume behind him."

About Normann:

"If I want to be a bike rider, I'll throw my hat in the ring any day of the week with him"

"No matter how much you ride, you can't run."

"Normann Stadler has to ride full-out because he can't run. And he swims like a dog. He won the race yesterday because of his swim. At the end of the day I'm a swim-biker. I've ridden six minutes into a pack at Olympic distance. I'm a bike rider. It's quite ironic these Germans are calling me a "tactical" bike rider. In Roth, McCormack's a "tactical" racer. I'm like, "Mate, do you want me to ride bikes with you? I'll fucking ride bikes with you any day of the week, mate!" But I don't have to. That's the thing. You've got no choice, 'cuz you can't run! No matter how much you ride, you can't run."

"Any race, mate. . . . Put your friggin results on the table, show me what you've done and I'll give you five results more. I've won more races than anyone across all distances. World Cups, drafting, non-drafting, Half Ironmans, Ironmans, under eight hours, above eight hours, everything! These guys have got nothing on me"

"But I can sit there and joke about how pathetic he is in Ironmans around the world. His pathetic performances in Switzerland. His pathetic performances in New Zealand. His pathetic performances in Australia. His pathetic performances in Roth."

"I'll kick his ass, mate. He doesn't even scare me in the slightest. That's the amazing thing. They think they intimidate me, and I look at them and go, "You honestly think you scare me?"

"Normann Stadler? [snaps his fingers] I could crack him mentally tomorrow. I look forward to it."

"Take Normann's two world titles out. You haven't got a career, mate. You've got a couple of putzy little race wins and a fourth at Wildflower and a 10th at Chicago. That's embarrassing. It's incomparable!"

"And Normann had these phantom flats . . . did they or didn't they happen. One happened, the other is a bit suspect."

About ze Germans:

"I think the reason the Germans get angry with me is I go to their biggest races in their country and kick their asses. I go to sprint champs and kick their asses. Non-drafting races in Bavaria, I kick their asses. Smacked the lot of 'em, Normann, everyone there, sprint distance, whatever. And then I do Roth. And kick their asses."

About himself:

"I'm the best -- and you can tell him, and put this in the mag -- I'm the best Ironman athlete in the world."

"I've won everything! Everything!"

"in my head it's my peers, and them being scared to death because of what I'm capable of."

I would have to think that this will create a stir among the pro ranks.
Quote Reply
Re: "Phantom flats?" Macca, stop now - you're embarassing yourself! [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even his devout followers should be embarrassed for him. Last time I checked it was only one race that really mattered, everything else was a tune up. He's lost the plot.
Quote Reply
Re: "Phantom flats?" Macca, stop now - you're embarassing yourself! [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow. that is unbelievable. ...and i considered myself a fan. he's trying to out-asshole normann and he's winning at that too!
Quote Reply
Re: "Phantom flats?" Macca, stop now - you're embarassing yourself! [klointheridge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's moved well beyond Normann now. Now he's trying to out-asshole John McEnroe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GG, you are one of the "myopic" triathletes he is talking about. He is one of the greatest triathletes of all time, whether anyone wants to believe it or not, as is Lessing. Take away Hawaii and what has Normann done? At the very least this is great for our sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No kidding. ' Norman had the race of his life...and he beat my by a bee's dick'. Excuse me, but didn't you have the Kona race of your life, including "legal drafting" in a pack at 7-10m, and HE STILL BEAT YOU! If he is so strong on the bike, why wasn't he at the front giving Faris a break more often so they didn't lose so much time? Maybe he can pay someone to be his rabbit next year in the pack to pick up that extra two minutes. Phantom flats, 'was he walking', etc...My six year old acts just like him sometimes. Someone please tell him to STFU! It's bad enough that Norman made the comments in the first place, but let it go already.

Kona Scoreboard:

Norman 2

Faris 1

Macca zero

It ain't bragging if you back it up. I'm not real fond of that but it sure seems to apply here. When Macca can find a way to get his first of his planned SIX, then he can talk all he wants. And hopefully, he'll take the high road that Norman chose to avoid. Until he wins Kona, none of his bravado means squat! He can win all the Australia, Roth, NZ, Louisville, etc. But until he has a world championship, he will not feel complete. Ask Mark Allen if he felt like the best before he won Kona. He was arguably the best triathlete in the world, but could not figure out Kona for several years. Once he finally did, he won six (I think..too lazy to look it up).

For the record, I would guess that Macca has a better than average chance to win at least one, if not more in Kona. But until he does, he IS NOT the best Ironman athlete, PERIOD!

Flame away if you must for my attack on the Golden Boy (Macca), but both he and Normann need to grow up. Ever listen to the Competitor interviews with Faris? He sounds much more reasonable than either of the these guys and I'll be sure to root for him next year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am all for talking smack...but this just shows Macca's imaturity....this is over the top.

http://cmkracing.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome back swimfan, we missed you...
Quote Reply
Re: "Phantom flats?" Macca, stop now - you're embarassing yourself! [matts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Take away Hawaii and what has Normann done?

Why would we discount his wins at Hawaii? You don't fluke your way into a world championship. And you certainly don't do that twice!

What has he done? He has won the most important race of the year, twice. One world championship makes a career. Two solidifies your position as one of the best. Most athletes would trade all of their wins for just one world championship.
Last edited by: GearGrinder: Oct 27, 06 17:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bits they left out:

"And my mum says I'm better than him. And he's scared of girls. And he smells of wee. And I'm better than him because I won 3 coloring competitions when I was a nipper. He didn't, he's pathetic. And you can quote me on that!"

Good god macca, pull yourself together! You may be the best something in the world (all distance triathlete even) but you ain't the best Ironman racer till you've won Kona.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca = Marino
Can't win the big one
Quote Reply
Re: "Phantom flats?" Macca, stop now - you're embarassing yourself! [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paulo is right on, I think Macca hired swimfan to be is agent

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you please post the source of these quotes so we can see them in context.
Quote Reply
Re: "Phantom flats?" Macca, stop now - you're embarassing yourself! [HolladayM82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Macca = Marino
Can't win the big one

You guys are unreal.... short course world champ, many time half iron champ, alcatraz, chicago, LA, Noosa, ect, ect, ect.. Won Australia a zillion years in a row, Roth, a few times under 8hrs, just came in second by a minute in Kona.

Yup, a real choker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have got to love this shit. Keep it up Macca, you are the man. Why not??? I like him more and more each day.
Quote Reply
Re: "Phantom flats?" Macca, stop now - you're embarassing yourself! [SlayerHatebreed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

In Reply To:
Macca = Marino
Can't win the big one

"You guys are unreal.... short course world champ, many time half iron champ, alcatraz, chicago, LA, Noosa, ect, ect, ect.. Won Australia a zillion years in a row, Roth, a few times under 8hrs, just came in second by a minute in Kona.

Yup, a real choker. "

I think you missunderstood the reference. Marino was a killer QB, hall of famer, in fact. His resume is sick, just like Macca's. But Marino couldn't win that coveted Super Bowl. It's not a choke thing, it's an inability to win the big dance. And, just for clarification, short course world champ, half iron champ, et al, is the big dance.

----------
Fortitudine Vincimus
Quote Reply
Re: "Phantom flats?" Macca, stop now - you're embarassing yourself! [gigs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's exactly what I was going to say. This is too over the top.

Last edited by: Gervs: Oct 27, 06 19:00
Quote Reply
Re: "Phantom flats?" Macca, stop now - you're embarassing yourself! [trinitythlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understood the reference. But progressing the past few years from yearly Kona dnf, to 6th, to 2nd by one minute.. seems like jumping the gun a bit a bit to declare that he will never win the race, he's 31 years old.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just commented on this in another thread, and then saw this.

Macca needs a "big brother" to kick his ass for acting like a punk.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think he is embarassing himself, at all. He is speaking his mind, something that's rare in this sport.

Everyone just wants to be so fake and nice but harbours nasty thoughts about one another. It was time one of the greatest of all time would speak his mind loud and clear for all to see.

Triathlon is better 'cause of guys like Macca.

And look for Waldo to come back soon, too.

http://www.Felipe-Bastos.com
--------------------------------------------
Blog: felipebastos.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/felipebastos
Twitter: @felipebastos1
Quote Reply
Re: "Phantom flats?" Macca, stop now - you're embarassing yourself! [gigs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Can you please post the source of these quotes so we can see them in context.

It's an interview in Triathlete magazine online. And trust me...it's in context. The interview is CRAZY!

http://www.triathletemag.com/Page755.aspx
Quote Reply
Re: "Phantom flats?" Macca, stop now - you're embarassing yourself! [Felipe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlon is better 'cause of guys like Macca.

What?

Macca is coming across as one of those guys that feels the reason why they have conflict with everyone else is because "there's something wrong with everyone else".

Didn't Stadler and Faris and Brown just "speak their mind" when they critisized Macca's "manly" style of racing by sitting back and not attempting to go all-out making a move? He admits as much int he interview.

Macca is going far beyond "speaking his mind" and is "making up trash" about the last 2 guys that HAVE ACTUALLY WON AT KONA.

Macca seems to have forgotten the order of things, [1] win the race, THEN [2] talk it.

Triathlon is better because of Macca, like football is better because of TO.

=======================
Quote Reply
Re: "Phantom flats?" Macca, stop now - you're embarassing yourself! [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The greatest thing ever would be if all of this was being played out on SportsCentre each night. If these were football players, this story would be HUGE!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not only would the story be huge, but the guy talking crap about the other two guys that kicked his ass would be the butt of every "whiny bitch" joke on talk shows, sports radio, etc.

Here, at ST, it's makes him "worth rooting for". I don't get it.

If this were the NFL, if would be classic TO v. Chad Johnson. That's good/bad depending on your perspective.

It's nice when things get a little exciting.

=======================
Quote Reply
Re: "Phantom flats?" Macca, stop now - you're embarassing yourself! [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or how about this quote from THOUSANDS of years ago (i.e. this is nothing new):

"The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions"
- Confucius (551 - 479 BC)

Last edited by: rroof: Oct 27, 06 21:10
Quote Reply

Prev Next