Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Lake" Tri Cycling shoes
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair of lake CX 110 Tri shoes this year. I wanted a Tri Specific shoe but did'nt want to spend alot of money. They were supposed to be for brick training and racing but now I wear them all the time. I like them much better than my road shoes that I spent more than double for. They are constructed better, have a stiffer sole and have a great one strap system that opens away from the bike. There is also 2 or 3 models above these as well.

You don't see or hear alot about Lake shoes and although I have limited experience I highly recommend them.

It's a Good life if you don't Weaken!
My Mom 1922-2004
Quote Reply
Re: "Lake" Tri Cycling shoes [IAGLIYDW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same experience here... I was riding with LG road shoes (very nice carbon shoes) but I wanted something more tri specific. Another triathlete up this way had a pair of Lake shoes, and seemed to like them, so when I put in an order from nashbar late last summer I added them on. I don't remember exactly what I paid, but I think it was around $40.

Anyway, yeah, good shoes, work well, and plenty comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I, too, picked up a pair of the CX110s for not much money when entering triathlon but didn't care for them. My chief gripe was that the strap is too long; it would make contract with the crank and/or chain whilst riding. The crank would loosen the strap & shoe, while the chain just got it dirty.

I'd intended to sell them on eBay but didn't think there would be a market for them. Size 43, anyone? Barely used!

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love mine and I paid like $50. I wear them without socks all the time without problems, actually you dont even notice.

The only beef I have with them is that its a little difficult to get them in if you leave them strapped on to the pedals since the top is closed and doesnt open that much, but with a little practice I have it conquered.

Peace

Team Aquaphor 06-08
Quote Reply
Re: "Lake" Tri Cycling shoes [ivansie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got two pair (road and tri) for a review I'm slated to write (another tri site). Anyway, my expectations were neutral at best, but these are great shoes!
Quote Reply
Re: "Lake" Tri Cycling shoes [off242] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same shoes! Couldn't get the chain ring side shoe to stay put with respect to the shoe strap. I kept turning the end of the strap black. I cleaned the shoes up, wrote a letter to Lake and sent both back to PerformanceBike.com, where I bought the shoes.

I think your only solution at this point is to trim the strap. I didn't want to do it at the time as it would have committed me to the shoes.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: "Lake" Tri Cycling shoes [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Lake mnt bike shoes that I got from nashbar for about $30. They are great - comfortable, stiff and durable...and I didn't have to pay much - which was key since Mnt biking is just a hobby (and triathlon is my 2nd job -haha just kidding)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of both CX210 (yellow and black) and CX310 (red and white). I love them. I have worn Carnac TRS 6 or 7s as well as Shimano TR02s and found the Lakes to be more comfortable. In fact, I used the CX210s for IMFL without socks and had not one issue with them. In my opinion, underrated and priced right. Good job to Lake.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: "Lake" Tri Cycling shoes [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lake had offered to trim the strap for me, but I opted for different shoes, first from Pearl Izumi, then from Nike.

Nike is my current shoe of choice for all three bike disciplines I participate in. Too bad their running shoes suck.//d

#cureMS
Quote Reply