Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Hydracoach" water bottle... monitors fluid needs and levels [Fitnesscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, if it works for people than good for them. All joking aside, I could see it helping people form the habit of proper hydration. They should add the dog collar from the invisible fence to give people a "reminder" in the event they fall behind.

If you want to make some money off of triathletes, get them to make a carbon fiber and a Ti model and sell if for $300. They will go like hotcakes. (which apparently go very well.)

Then have another model which has an aero cross section, has an integrated GPS and ipod, and the capability to upload to Trainingpeaks.com, and sell if for $1,000.
Quote Reply
Re: "Hydracoach" water bottle... monitors fluid needs and levels [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
will you let us know how it works for your dad?

Absolutely, assuming he actually uses it. I fear he will use it for about a week, because he will be the cool kid withe the new gadget, then it will get neglected. He is ALMOST as big a gadget geek as I am.

Someone mentioned Sports Authority carrying them, so, I will check it out today or tomorrow.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: "Hydracoach" water bottle... monitors fluid needs and levels [Fitnesscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about setting an alarm on your watch to go off every 10 to 15 minutes reminding you to drink?
Quote Reply
Re: "Hydracoach" water bottle... monitors fluid needs and levels [sburke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How about setting an alarm on your watch to go off every 10 to 15 minutes reminding you to drink?

I asked the same thing and I agree with her response -- simplification (basically). Her point is that this device is not intended for those diligent enough to monitor Hr, set a hydration alarm, or train with one or more monitoring devices. This is for the casual gym-goer who takes little to nothing with him/her to workout. She stated that she cannot get her clients to set an alarm, so, this kinda does it for them and makes it easy. I agree that for a specific targeted audience, this thing may have some merit (see my previous post).

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply

Prev Next