Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Goofy" Tri?
Quote | Reply
A couple of years ago I did the Goofy Challenge at the Disney marathon where you do the 1/2 mary on Saturday and the full mary on Sunday. I am looking for an opportunity to do the same with a 1/2 and full IM length race. Triple T is close although it is more like two halfs over three days. Looks like most venues that offer a half and full do them on the same days for logistic reasons. Anybody know where there is a Saturday 1/2 and a Sunday full?
Quote Reply
Re: "Goofy" Tri? [txtriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm doing the White Lake Half 4/6 and the Sprint on 4/7. It's always a fun weekend the sprint hurts a little but not that bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The closest thing that I know of is a Sat sprint and Sun half at the Musselman. The call it the Double Mussel.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This doesn't exactly meet your criteria, but it is very emblematic of a Goofy Challenge. The Lord of the Flies is a 3-day stage race. Friday is a time trial, Saturday is an Olympic, and Sunday is a sprint. The fastest overall times across all three events win their age group. The overall male and female champions are called "Lord of the Flies." Super creative and fun!

http://www.blackflytri.com/...y/blackfly-lord.html

Quote | Reply
I think with most of the HITS series you can combine an Oly and a IM distance, though I think the IM is on the Saturday and the Oly is on the Sunday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can do a Half IM and then an Olympic at Wildflower and you won't beat the atmosphere... I don't know where you can find a Full/Half combo.
Quote Reply
Re: "Goofy" Tri? [jhpcga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jhpcga wrote:
You can do a Half IM and then an Olympic at Wildflower and you won't beat the atmosphere... I don't know where you can find a Full/Half combo.

^^^^This. Great experience, and a tough course to help make it challenging.

To get a half/full you'd probably just have to find two races in striking distance of one another.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: "Goofy" Tri? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Savageman has a "100" option - race the Olympic on Saturday, the Half on Sunday. Your times that weekend may be close to a 1/2 + full weekend. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't personally see the pull in sabotaging a full IM by doing a race the day before...and I personally don't really get doing the goofy thing, as I find a full marathon long enough, but if you are inclined this way, do the double Savageman....Savageman 30 on Saturday and Savageman 70 on Sunday. And you won't be the only one doing that double, and personally I can see the attraction in that double, but I see zero attraction in doing any double when the second day involves a full marathon (unless it is Ultraman Canada or Hawaii).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you like the Goofy there is a Double marathon on New Years Eve / Day in Allen Texas. They have half and full marathon both days so you can design your own challenge.

Sadly, it isn't a night run so you don't get to try to cross the finish / start line at the stroke of midnight.
Quote Reply