Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Forcing" a workout?
Quote | Reply
I have IMAZ coming up in April and since SOMA, which was my last race on October 28, I have had very little desire to get into the pool. Biking and running I have no problem getting motivated for and have logged more cycling miles in the last couple of months than in normal months and kept my running miles about the same. But everytime I "schedule" a swim workout, I find a way or a reason to bail on it. Should I continue to take a break until I get the desire (or more of a desire) to get back in the water or should I suck it up and "make" myself do the workouts? FWIW, I am a competent swimmer so I am not worried that I won't be able to swim 2.4 miles come April. Thanks.

Jeff
Last edited by: switchtotri: Dec 5, 07 15:56
Quote Reply
Re: "Forcing" a workout? [switchtotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Suck it up. It will get better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suck it up princess.

How about this: go once a week for now, no more or less. don't beat yourself up about not going more. Just maintain some form and fitness in the pool. You'll go more when you feel the need or desire.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least you have the choice. The pool in our area has been closed for repairs since 1 month before SOMA. That would explain my horrible swim time at that race. I'm doing IMAZ also so don't feel bad about not swimming. I do need to find a body of water somewhere though. Good luck in April.

~Jeff Good

Quote Reply