Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Finished" my first Tri this past weekend
Quote | Reply
Hi - Many asked that I keep them in the loop after chatting here last week. I did my first tri this past weekend - the Bigfoot in Lake Geneva - Clearly the race had a few issues, but I thought all in all, a great time.

Well, I'd love to tell you that I did great and am well on my way to being an elite - but, I can't.

I started well on the swim. I swam through college, so knew I'd be strong there - started in the elite pack (they gave an optional start to anyone) and just kept with the main pack - I easily could have moved ahead, but I just didn't know what to expect. Not sure if the distance was long or if there was a timing issue, but I've heard many say the swim was long. I was out at around 25 minutes and on my way to the bike. Still, really fresh - and ready to go.

So, on the bike - I was a little surprised by the hills in Lake Geneva - I live in Chicago, so don't get much exposure to them. That said, I managed to adapt and was holding a good 22 - 23mph on the flats. Feeling good, but disaster struck - Mile 9, flat.

Yeah, I was pissed - but I chalk it up to experience. What are you going to do? It's bound to happen to anyone - just wish it wasn't on my first!!

Finally came in and ran the 10k (actually, I've heard it was 7.1miles) - just under 50, so at that distance, right around 7 minute pace.

Next one is Accenture Chicago - though I'd love to grab another here soon, but can't seem to find anything that works with my schedule.

Anyway, I just promised I'd keep some of you in the loop - thanks again for all the great advice last week - I'm ready to go again!!

"I ain't never been nothin' but a winner"
Paul "Bear" Bryant
Roll Tide!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: "Finished" my first Tri this past weekend [chitide1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the earlier you seek counselling for your new addiction the better...sadly for most of us it's too late ;)

well done on your first attempt, sounds like you're well on your way to some quick times!

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply