Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [Lactone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
she has leaned out a lot in the past year-and- a-half or so. Check out the recent pics of her on her blog.
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [PlacidPirate108] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll take a look. And don't get me wrong, I think she's a cutie. She just traditionally hasn't looked like a pro athlete. Looks can be decieving though. She is a hard core racer and can kick my ass by hours in an ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know the exact numbers, but Richie Cunningham looks pretty skinny in person.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
As a point of ref I think Jordan is a couple of inches shorter and is still 160ish.....Matty has a significantly more muscular build than Jordan to boot.....no way the dude is 145.

There is no way Matt Reed is 145. Now Jordan Rapp and I are both 6'2" and a legit 160 and, by most people's books and looks that's pretty darn skinny. He's way faster than I ever was. Not sure how he develops all those watts with the same scrawny chicken like legs that we share and zero upper body bulk, but he does it!

The topper, and I need to only talk about this in certain circles, was that when I stopped serious tri training a while back, I actually lost a few pounds!

Which leads to the, "Are you racing?" question almost everywhere I go. I wrote a blog about this when I was in Hawaii last year at IMH and not racing.

http://stevefleck.blogspot.com/.../are-you-racing.html

6'3" 154 racing // 156-158 otherwise. Everyone always try to steal my inch because I'm so skinny. 6'3"

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'3" 154 racing // 156-158 otherwise. Everyone always try to steal my inch because I'm so skinny. 6'3

You take it my friend. 6'2" and rarely under 160 - maybe 158 after monster training. Wow! Compared to you I am rather Schwarznegger-esque! Burly, even!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [Lactone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Maybe it's just that "TV adds 15 lbs", but Hillary Biscay always looks like a little porker to me when I see the Ironman broadcasts. I've seen her once in person, at IMAZ 2 yrs ago, but she was riding past me so fast that I couldn't properly size her hips.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/...s/hillary-biscay.jpg

Uh... she has just about the perfect body. Toned, tan, and a smile to knock your socks off. Not to mention that she can out bike you. :)
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [knightlancer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A+

Sheldon Brown is my homeboy.
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [The_Aesthete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feel bad saying, because she is Canadian, but doesn't Samantha McGlone seem a bit bigger than the average long course competitor?

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Chrissie wins because she trains really f'ing hard and races really f'ing hard and was blessed with a huge f'ing motor" Jordan Rapp
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [The_Aesthete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oscar Galindez

iirc same height as me and around about my weight!
5'7" 73/ 74kg

quite a chunky monkey

but he is soooo much quicker than me!

makes me feel ok about my proportions when there are so many skinny whippets
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about Potts? He hugely successfull and big and doesn't seem to care much about shaving legs or being skinny.

Also Javier Gomez is quite "fat" compared to the "ethiope" look of the other ITU boys.

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [Klep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Potts:

Height: 6-2
Weight: 175

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are my stats....

Height = 6'-0"
Weight = 125 lb (soaking wet)
Age = 34

The heaviest weight I've ever been was 138 lb, and that was when I was in college. I too have been told to eat more, but unless I sit on my arse all day, don't workout, and eat junk food I can't gain weight. I guess it's a good problem to have, eh?

At mayn pre-race expo's they have a booth set up to measure body fat. I have yet to do one of those test where my readings are valid. I usually get a result of "error" or "< 3%". Low body fat sucks for cold-water swims, but is great for climbing on the bike!

Whether I'd be called a "successful" triathlete is up for debate. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [persondude27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The "perfect" body would have some boobs. But I digress. Read my subsequent posts where I very clearly admitted she could (and did) destroy me.
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [Klep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

definatly not the most successful, but at Ironman FLorida 2007, there was a pretty "big" dude who finished in like 9:20 and got a Kona spot....I still remember his gut giggling as he pumped his arms down the chute, dont know how he did it, but I was impressed.

Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [Crmurphy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on Samantha McGlone, she does not appear to be a very thin triathlete, but hey she wins!!
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [wiffcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I don't know what to tell ya b/c you certainly have a PDF there with his profile, but there are multiple sites showing him at closer to 180...here is another one from ESPN's Beijing mini-site. He was significantly taller than me when I met him at St. Anthony's, but it's impossible he was 35 lbs. less than me, no way. Here is his Olympic Profile from the ESPN Beijing site...whatever it's just impossible he weighs 145 lbs.....no way in the world.

http://sports.espn.go.com/...ide/athlete?id=19555

The only reason I put this up here is b/c I don't want to read about some impressionable young 6'5" kid going concentration camp skinny trying to emulate Matty's purported 145 lb. weight b/c if he were that would mean he was dying in a hospital bed....he is not 145 lbs, impossible.

As a point of ref I think Jordan is a couple of inches shorter and is still 160ish.....Matty has a significantly more muscular build than Jordan to boot.....no way the dude is 145.

Agreed, think it very unlikely. At 6'2" it took a life-threatening disease and a week in intensive care to get down to 138lbs, at that weight I was just a bag of bones knocking around together. 'concentration camp skinny' is about the size of it.
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [cam2win] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
x2 on Samantha McGlone, she does not appear to be a very thin triathlete, but hey she wins!!

She is not big at all. Same height as me and 120 lbs soaking wet, and looks mighty fine in a 1 piece. She just has big back/lats from all the swimming.
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I don't know what to tell ya b/c you certainly have a PDF there with his profile, but there are multiple sites showing him at closer to 180...here is another one from ESPN's Beijing mini-site. He was significantly taller than me when I met him at St. Anthony's, but it's impossible he was 35 lbs. less than me, no way. Here is his Olympic Profile from the ESPN Beijing site...whatever it's just impossible he weighs 145 lbs.....no way in the world.

http://sports.espn.go.com/...ide/athlete?id=19555

The only reason I put this up here is b/c I don't want to read about some impressionable young 6'5" kid going concentration camp skinny trying to emulate Matty's purported 145 lb. weight b/c if he were that would mean he was dying in a hospital bed....he is not 145 lbs, impossible.

Agreed, think it very unlikely. At 6'2" it took a life-threatening disease and a week in intensive care to get down to 138lbs, at that weight I was just a bag of bones knocking around together. 'concentration camp skinny' is about the size of it.

It will be interesting to see he Mr. Reed responds to these posts. Actually I wonder if he will ever post here again after the last round. I hope so since I think that he gets more positive press than negative out of this forum. I suspect that he may be more measured next time.

Checkout http://www.iotexpert.com
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [knightlancer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The fattest one is that middle-aged woman who stalks me round the world and always ends up in my finisher photos, downgrading my achievement.

You're wife?

Baaazzzzing!
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [kblahetka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 6'5" and 178 lbs race weight and about 183 in the winter.

I would never want to weigh less than 178 as i feel i am at my most powerful weight at 178- light and with power.

BIG MATTY REED- OUT
Quote Reply
Re: "Fattest" and skinniest successful triathletes [Khyron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw her stats.

Appears to be just under 5'8" and 118 pounds, which is pretty damn thin actually.

Key to me, and Cam's reply, was that "she does not appear" to be a very thin triathlete in the magazine / web photo's we tend to see, or on TV.

I see that you're post indicates she might "appear" broad because of her swimming background, which makes sense, especially given her actual stats.

In Reply To:
In Reply To:

She is not big at all. Same height as me and 120 lbs soaking wet, and looks mighty fine in a 1 piece. She just has big back/lats from all the swimming.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Chrissie wins because she trains really f'ing hard and races really f'ing hard and was blessed with a huge f'ing motor" Jordan Rapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matt Hoover was very successful at being a big fat attention whore and failing at Kona. That should count right?
Quote Reply

Prev Next