Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Cheesy" Spectre vs. "Exciting, sexy, sophisticated" Lucero
Quote | Reply
I have ridden a 2002 Airborne Spectre for about 3 years now. If you are familiar with the design of the Spectre, it has wedge shaped fairings welded on to the front of the head tube and the rear of the seat tube. I have been told by numerous "bike experts" (usually Litespeed owners) that these fairings "look cheesy" and are aerodynamically uneffectual.

Well, I stopped in a local bike shop to take a gander at the Lucero. Guess what it has? Vee-shaped pointed head tube and seat tube, amazingly similar looking in design to the Spectre (although the fairings are molded in, not welded on.)

Why is one bike called "Cheesy" and the other "Exciting, sexy, and sophisticated?" Price? Label?
Quote Reply
Re: "Cheesy" Spectre vs. "Exciting, sexy, sophisticated" Lucero [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do these people say after you pass them?

Brett

"Du or Du not-there is no Tri" - Yoda
Quote Reply
Re: "Cheesy" Spectre vs. "Exciting, sexy, sophisticated" Lucero [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In general it is not very smart to label people, bikes or any other product as a matter of fact. Regarding the Lucero having similarities to your Spectre, many people have actually pointed out that it has more similarities to certain Litespeed Blade incarnations. And fyi, the Litespeed Blade was actually around before Airborne as a company even existed.
Enjoy your Spectre for what it is and ride it hard.
Herbert
Litespeed/QR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think any nose cone is kind of a gimmick and just extra wight. A gal in our tri club rides a Airborne...she is the reigning world AG triathlon champ. Of course she could win on any bike I suppose.

BTW, not slamming either bike. My tri bike is a QR.
Quote Reply