Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"By spreading my lack of talent across 3 sports evenly and racing a bunch of moms trying to lose weight I can crush many dreams." - Jack Mott
Quote | Reply
This is a great quote! Saw it under someone's name. Genius.
Last edited by: :D: May 27, 11 3:56
Quote Reply
Re: "By spreading my lack of talent across 3 sports evenly and racing a bunch of moms trying to lose weight I can crush many dreams." - Jack Mott [:D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have that tattooed on my calf...
Quote Reply
Re: "By spreading my lack of talent across 3 sports evenly and racing a bunch of moms trying to lose weight I can crush many dreams." - Jack Mott [:D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have it tattooed on my lower back...right above my butt.

So that when I'm aero and my tank comes up, the mothers who I drop will know that their dreams are being crushed per John's motivation.

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw that yesterday. Yes, very awesome.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: "By spreading my lack of talent across 3 sports evenly and racing a bunch of moms trying to lose weight I can crush many dreams." - Jack Mott [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are all the mom's around where you live slow? Around here, there are a few that are in 45-49 that can do 5W per kilo (seriously, check out Sue Schlatter on the Mt. Washington hillclimb...also I think she was 4th overall at the Whiteface Hillclimb a few years ago) and there is one who has gone under 4:30 in a half Ironman on a legit course and a national level XC skier....when she dabbles in local tris, she's basically doing to the local field what Chrissie does to a pro field....
Quote Reply
Re: "By spreading my lack of talent across 3 sports evenly and racing a bunch of moms trying to lose weight I can crush many dreams." - Jack Mott [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dev you gotta pay attention, I covered all my internet pedant bases with that quote

not just moms, but *moms trying to lose weight*

We are good friends with a local mom that would kick my ass in any multisport event. two of them actually...lol

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My sentiments exactly. In fact, Jackmott should move up here to Oklahoma with me where the fields aren't near as deep and competitive. We can do all the small races and collectively crush dreams together! Austin is way too fast!

-Bryan Journey
Travel Blog | Training Blog | Facebook Page
Quote Reply
Re: "By spreading my lack of talent across 3 sports evenly and racing a bunch of moms trying to lose weight I can crush many dreams." - Jack Mott [golfer17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
golfer17 wrote:
My sentiments exactly. In fact, Jackmott should move up here to Oklahoma with me where the fields aren't near as deep and competitive. We can do all the small races and collectively crush dreams together! Austin is way too fast!

yeah we need to find the midwest town with the highest concentrations of corn syrup and move our disc wheels in there.

Quote Reply
Re: "By spreading my lack of talent across 3 sports evenly and racing a bunch of moms trying to lose weight I can crush many dreams." - Jack Mott [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be in Austin on June 19/20th....let's go to the track and you can crush my dreams too :-). Aside from the moms trying to lose weight, tell me one FOP endurance athlete who is not trying to lose weight and I'll show you are roomful of supermodels all satisfied with their current skinny-ness. As slowman said, you're only at race weight when your relatives have to conduct an intervention!!!
Quote Reply
Re: "By spreading my lack of talent across 3 sports evenly and racing a bunch of moms trying to lose weight I can crush many dreams." - Jack Mott [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also saw this quote yesterday - classic. Was thinking about it on my way to the train this morning. Brilliant.

"It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
you going to drop some moms with me monday at captex?

I'm working the event (wish I was racing)...gonna keep an eye (or two) out for you. Make those moms wish they'd never gotten on their Walmart Huffy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How close is this quote to the dude at IM Wisconsin a few years ago who was going to "crush dreams" before he DNF?
Quote Reply
Re: "By spreading my lack of talent across 3 sports evenly and racing a bunch of moms trying to lose weight I can crush many dreams." - Jack Mott [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
How close is this quote to the dude at IM Wisconsin a few years ago who was going to "crush dreams" before he DNF?

they are without a doubt related in meme-space

Quote Reply
Re: "By spreading my lack of talent across 3 sports evenly and racing a bunch of moms trying to lose weight I can crush many dreams." - Jack Mott [golfer17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you seen the times he's posted? He can't legitimately blame MOP status on the location. Just sayin'
Quote Reply
Re: "By spreading my lack of talent across 3 sports evenly and racing a bunch of moms trying to lose weight I can crush many dreams." - Jack Mott [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what mop you talkin bout willis?

http://www.cadencesportsonline.com/pdf/366_overall.pdf

http://www.brittonbikes.com/...ts/overall-split.htm

http://www.redemptionrp.com/2011ERockResults

I'm solid top 10 overall, podium my age group everywhere I go!

;)

T-wrecks wrote:
Have you seen the times he's posted? He can't legitimately blame MOP status on the location. Just sayin'

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I'll be in Austin on June 19/20th....let's go to the track and you can crush my dreams too :-). Aside from the moms trying to lose weight, tell me one FOP endurance athlete who is not trying to lose weight and I'll show you are roomful of supermodels all satisfied with their current skinny-ness. As slowman said, you're only at race weight when your relatives have to conduct an intervention!!!

To mangle a Highlander quote:

"Dev paul. No sense of humor."

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
golfer17 wrote:

yeah we need to find the midwest town with the highest concentrations of corn syrup and move our disc wheels in there.

Thread of the year potential!.!.!.!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DreamCrusher is the new M-Dot...heading for the tattoo parlor right now. WHO IS WITH ME??
Quote Reply
Re: "By spreading my lack of talent across 3 sports evenly and racing a bunch of moms trying to lose weight I can crush many dreams." - Jack Mott [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
DreamCrusher is the new M-Dot...heading for the tattoo parlor right now. WHO IS WITH ME??

Yeah but can I buy a DreamCrusher (TM) mattress, recovery drink and/or Ford Escape? CAN I?!?!?!!11?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
you going to drop some moms with me monday at captex?

Man I wish! I'm too far away to do that race this year. But I'll be cheering for you to go sub 2:10 but it'll be tough with the crowded course.
Quote Reply
Re: "By spreading my lack of talent across 3 sports evenly and racing a bunch of moms trying to lose weight I can crush many dreams." - Jack Mott [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:

I remember that guy. The age grouper that led the race off the bike and then fell apart! I think he said he was from Canada??? He needed to run more and talk less! I don't mind trash talkers so long as they back it up, must be why I like Macca.

Quote | Reply
gbot wrote:
JD21 wrote:

Yeah but can I buy a DreamCrusher (TM) mattress, recovery drink and/or Ford Escape? CAN I?!?!?!!11?

...and what about the DreamCrusher(TM) baby stroller, for the chubby moms to push their offspring around in while they're trying to lose w-... Oh no, now I've gone cross-eyed!
Quote Reply
Re: "By spreading my lack of talent across 3 sports evenly and racing a bunch of moms trying to lose weight I can crush many dreams." - Jack Mott [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
... Oh no, now I've gone cross-eyed!

That's what you get for trying to fap and type at the same time...

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply

Prev Next