Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
fleece spanx; has anyone seen a product like this?
Quote | Reply
I would love, love, love to find a product that is a thin pair of stretch polar fleece shorts to wear under my running tights. The temp has dropped here and it's my butt and belly that always get cold. I've been layering with compression shorts but they don't quite do the trick. Has anyone ever seen a product like this?

Emelio: can you make somthing like this? I bet it would sell out to us PNW, Canadian and other NWers womens.
Quote Reply
Re: fleece spanx; has anyone seen a product like this? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the deSoto fleece tights for temps like these... and yeah some shorts would be great too, even if they were capris/just above the knee - i often wear my knee high ski socks when it gets like this. ;-) The compression stuff doesn't keep you as warm, esp when wet.

I'd buy a pair (or when I get another pair of tights, might experiment with cutting my old pair down)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a pair of polar fleece hotpants left over from my competitive dance days - maybe try a shop that caters to dancers?

the other option: i can't recall the model, but i recently got a moving comfort skirt that's a stretchy woven material that is wind and water resistant. it's a wrap skirt (two buttons, plus ties at the side) with no undershorts that could easily be worn over capris or tights.

through some googling, i just found it at RRS:

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/MCW504/

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I have an ancient pair of Land's End polar fleece tights that are awesomely warm. I'm tempted to cut them into shorts so I get more use out of them, but I'd rather not. I was looking at the desoto site and if he made a pair that were the weight of the fleece beanie, that would be perfect.

AP what size desoto tights do you have? I've looked at them several times but the unisex aspect of the sizing befuddles me as I can't imagine anything that would fit a man would fit me. Plus the fact that I'm short-ish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not wear one of Erika's fleece skirts over the tights?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: fleece spanx; has anyone seen a product like this? [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why not wear one of Erika's fleece skirts over the tights?

I was thinking the same thing... Whatever happened to the Tribabe technical apparel empire? The blog is still there but it has gotten a little stale since the "Tangent - I am afraid to ride my bike" post... I think since she had the baby her focus has changed?
Quote Reply
Re: fleece spanx; has anyone seen a product like this? [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The skirts are cute, but I kind of look like porky pig in them. I'd like something a little more subtle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These may do the trick. I wish they stopped above the knee though.

http://www.rei.com/product/785384

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I'm in the same boat, I'd look really dorky/hippy. I'm going to check the dance shops, that was a good idea.

Maybe get some leg warmers too lol

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can sew, you might be able to make them.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sugoi makes a product called "bun warmers" or something along those lines - they are short shorts that you can wear under your other layers.
Quote Reply
Re: fleece spanx; has anyone seen a product like this? [spacebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found it: http://www.sugoi.com/...-MidZero-Bun-Toaster

That would work, I have some MidZero tights and they are thicker than most tights, I would say as thick as fleece tho ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: fleece spanx; has anyone seen a product like this? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes!!! Thank you AP!!!
Quote Reply
Re: fleece spanx; has anyone seen a product like this? [spacebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our temp is 13* right now. I'm ordering me some bun warmers! My butt was freezing after my run today :-(

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: fleece spanx; has anyone seen a product like this? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have fleece spandex running tights from Sporthill - two pairs actually. Got lucky and found them at TJ Maxx of all places.

Super comfy and warm, I put on a pair of spandex shorts underneath them for a little extra layer on the tush.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't speak to the technical quality, but I tried on a pair of these and they seemed nice and warm. Not sure of the wicking capability or the ability to hold shape once you start moving. http://www.plush-apparel.com/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: fleece spanx; has anyone seen a product like this? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JFYI: for yesterday's run I wore my Mizuno capris under my Sugoi MidZero tights. Worked pretty well, as it helped keep my knees warm too.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: fleece spanx; has anyone seen a product like this? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sugoi bun toaster shorts arrived this week and are the strangest fitting shorts ever. Too high in the front and low in the back. I have booty, but it's not abnormally humongous. The shorts were so low in the back my crack was showing. Needless to say they are getting returned and my quest continues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bizarre. oh well, keep on your quest! let us know..

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since when did ST rules stop applying here because its the Womens?? I thought the motto was 'pics or it didn't happen...'

When someone pulls laws out of their @$$, all we end up with are laws that smell like sh!t. -Skippy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found some knee length compression shorts on road runner sports. I may give them a try as I'd like to have my quads covered completely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you sure you had them on the right way? ie, was the tag on the wrong side or something?
Quote Reply
Re: fleece spanx; has anyone seen a product like this? [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried them on both ways and it was weird either way you slice it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smartwool makes a pair of the wool shorts like Sugoi, might want to check them out:

https://www.smartwool.com/...el/Baselayer/_/2508/

I have the same problem with a cold butt in the winter and I think these are great!
Quote Reply
Re: fleece spanx; has anyone seen a product like this? [LUNA LOVE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG these look AWESOME! Thanks!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply

Prev Next