Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
You know you are aging when....
Quote | Reply
I was in the Oakley store picking up some new race shades today. I was trying different ones on, checking myself out in the mirror then noticed something horrifying. I have developed the first solid signs of a chicken neck. Like, where the hell did that little waddle come from???? I'm looking at my chin, then looking over at the teenager that is helping me and I suddenly feel much older than my 39 years says I am.

What has been amazing for me in the lsat 6 months is that I am really noticing these things now. I think aging accelerates.

I will be using moisturizer on my neck nightly now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are aging when.... [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you know you are aging when the curly little gray hairs in front of your ears won't sit down any more when you douse 'em with water. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh, so what's chicken neck?

I'm sure you don't look that old. Most triathletes I know look younger than their years!
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are aging when.... [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh, so what's chicken neck?

I think you're too young to be in this thread. Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are aging when.... [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
you know you are aging when the curly little gray hairs in front of your ears won't sit down any more when you douse 'em with water. :(
never mind in front of your ears!!! try a little further south!!! ;}
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a little bit of loose skin where your chin meets your neck. I also noticed the elasticity is sadly lacking.

When I pointed this out to my husband last night he said "Oh yeah, I see it." Jerk ;-)

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suddenly noticed my hands sometimes look old...not Madonna old, but older. I read about some pro cyclist chick who says no matter what, she always wears gloves when biking for this reason...a habit I just started. Also making sure to not neglect the sunscreen there.
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are aging when.... [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe. But I'm 32 and I definitely have frown lines and laugh lines already! Not to mention the gray hairs... Ug. The women in my family all go grey really early. My mom saw her first at 16, and I saw my first at 21.
I call them my sparkly hairs, or I just tell people the hairdresser left the color on a little too long at the salon!
hee hee hee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh. I am even older-- though most people say I look about 10 years younger than I really am.
You know you are aging when you have the wrinkles and sun spots on your hands. I am way more careful about wearing sunscreen, covering up and wearing a hat than I was when I first started in triathlon. I wear arm covers and long sleeved tops if I am running/biking in the middle of the day.

Can you hear me now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I noticed it about 5 years ago (39 now), I was on an airplane and looked in my compact to put on some lipstick before landing and noticed the crepe-skin on my neck. I kind of freaked out about it. I recommend never ever looking down into a mirror. That's the time I really notice it. Ug...
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are aging when.... [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup! I was looking down into a mirror at the Oakley store and that's when I noticed it. I'm 39 too. I swear I'm noticing more and more things. My hands are looking older too. I've got wicked wrinkles around my eyes when I smile and my skin on my face isn't quite as firm. Boobs are loosing their perk too, big time. Ugh. Overall people still think I'm younger than I am but now they think I'm 35 instead of thinking 32. Hmmm......

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm 33 and now notice my teeth look older and the lines around my eyes. also i now have that little puppet line that i freaked on a few months back.

my husband told me i should start wearing a bra.
while i don't wear a bra, just a cami underneath my top, i'm getting paranoid that my boobs are going to hit my knees in 10 years if i don't start wearing an underwire.

after thinking about all this i wish i could drink some wine.

sigh...
Last edited by: kittycat: Jun 16, 08 14:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know I was just noticing some lines around my chin this week that made me feel almost panicked. The turkey neck seems to show up overnight right before you turn 40. I use the firming lotion on it every day and that has kept it from getting worse(42 now). I'm considering a breast lift this fall too - I know I'm vain but I still want to do it.
Kathy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you know you are aging when:

NPR is on your radio all day at work AND when driving

http://nikeep.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are aging when.... [greeneyes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chicken neck is better than the turkey neck I have. I have recently lost 60 pounds and at my age(49) there is NO elasticty. I commented to my husband about possible surgery and he said "How much does it cost?".....bigger jerk;)
Sun spots on the face and hands. I just can't seem to keep the sun screen on with the sweat rolling down my face!
I have also noticed lip lines...I don't smoke! Let me know if ANY cream at all is helpful. Haven't found one yet....
C
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ladies, what's that old expression - you're like high quality wine, getting better as you get older.

Thought I'd try to earn myself a few brownie points.:-)

BTW, I'm not getting any younger myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You go to laser your bikini and some of them don't go away because they have turned GRAY!!!!

You have eyebrow hairs that don't stop growing!

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my first wetsuit at age 45. I had lost 20# from training so I was slim and trim. I lthought I looked great in my new wetsuit until I noticed how it accentuated my neck wattle. ARGH!

I think 'wetsuit' and 'neck wattle' are not normally used together in the same sentence... (hey that sounds like a possible sig line for me!)

Also--- my triceps, biceps and deltoids have toned up but I still have that dreaded old lady arm flapdangle stuff.

*sigh*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear ya! I turn 41 Friday. it's when the "kids" working in stores started calling me ma'am that I got freaked out. :( oh yeah, and now that I'm a great-aunt... ARGHHHHHHH!!!
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are aging when.... [CamR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that ma'am thing. But I did get carded yesterday when I bought a beer. Gotta love that!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are aging when.... [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah but was that in KS? :D
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are aging when.... [CamR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, Missouri. ;-)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are aging when.... [PBJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a personal trainer, most of my clients are 45-49 y.o. women. I am here to tell you that if you hit the gym and lift the weights, it does help.

I am 45 lbs thinner than my heaviest weight and the flapdangle (love that one!) is almost entirely gone. If you don't know what to do, hire a trainer in your area and get going!

Congratulations on what you've accomplished so far!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: You know you are aging when.... [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know you are aging when:
  • you read Nora Ephron's "I feel bad about my neck" and GET IT
  • You use tweezers to pluck more hairs from your chin than your brows
  • it takes all day for goggle eyes to disappear
  • you re-evaluate losing too much weight so the wrinkles don't become too accentuated

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like my grandfather told me- getting old ain't for sissy's. When I was younger I wanted to grow old gracefully. Now that I'm older I look in the mirror in the morning and go wow! What happened? I have bags under my eyes, smile wrinkles around my eyes, my butt is touching the back of my legs, my boobs are drooping, and I'm worried about bat arms. I'm moisturizing with "rejuvenating" skin creams, using "good-bye cellulite" gels, and looking at every plastic surgeon on the web to see what they can do for me- boob lifts, cellulite, butt lifts, rejuvenating peals, wrinkle reduction, etc. Grow old gracefully, my butt, I'm fighting this every step of the way!
Quote Reply

Prev Next