Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using?
Quote | Reply
I used to ride somewhat slack on my former tri bike which never quite fit me right. Now I have a P3C, position is awesome, but my Lord I cannot find a saddle to save my life. In the last 6 months, I've gone through 6 saddles and a small fortune trying to find one that works.

Please tell me what you use on your tri bike if you're in an aggressive position with decent drop and ride on the nose of your saddle. I'm not trying to be elitist with the advice, but I just feel like I'm in a whole new ball game as I've trained for 2 IMs and never had this pain/discomfort before.

Thanks in advance for saving my lady bits.
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [erinleigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was using a Profile design tri-Stryke and then for kicks tried an Arione Tri2. Needless to say, I am back to the Tri-Stryke and like it. Do a search for women's saddles and I am sure you will get some other good feedback.
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [Wingnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks...

After Dan's article on contact points (http://www.slowtwitch.com/...tact_points_412.html), I started going through his list. The Tri Stryke felt like a sawhorse between my legs and gave me horrible friction burns on the very top inside of my thighs. I am on the Arione Tri2 now and after 2 decent-length rides freaking despise it. I was about to try his third suggestion - Selle Italia SLR T1 - but thought I'd check in here first.
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [erinleigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride in a similar position and use the Blackwell Flow. It has been much more comfortable than others I have tried.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a P3C and after one of the saddle threads tried many of the ones mentioned - I settled on the Terry damselfly - love it

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adamo. I had serious hamburger meat issues before I changed to it two years ago. As soon as I switched the problem was solved. I ride a Pinarello Montello......it's pretty aggressive.
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [txvet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Selle Italia saddle on both my road and tri bike. I don't know what "model" it is except that it says "gel flow" and "Ldy" on the side. I'm not sure if that helps or not but I love my saddle.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [tab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X3 I love my Adamo. And no numb painful aero :)

2015 Season: American TTT
Ironman Louisville.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized Ruby 130mm. Have it on my TT, road, track, and cyclocross bike. Most comfortable saddle I've found. Saddles are so individual though. I've loaned one of mine out to a few friends so they can try before they buy.

- Kari
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Terry Damselfly. Don't care for it as much on my other bikes (and HELL NO on my MTB... :p), but on my tri bike, I LOVE it.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [txvet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I ride in a similar position and use the Blackwell Flow. It has been much more comfortable than others I have tried.

Same here.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also love my Blackwell Flow on my p2c.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fizik Vitesse Tri. Love it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Terry Butterfly.

Have you already fine tuned your position regarding saddle height, saddle fore-aft, level saddle, etc? Just to ask the obvious questions.

BrokenSpoke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an ISM Adamo and love it. It takes a couple of rides to adjust to, but no pressure on the front is great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, occasional lurker coming out of the closet. I came here today with specifically this issue: aggressive position and horrendous saddle sores, need women's specific advice.

I have the tri Stryke, and it was unbearable until my position got adjusted. Now I'm way more aggressive, very low and I'm always up on the nose -- my sit bones are never anywhere near the rear of the saddle. That helped enormously, but lately I've been having horrendous chafing issues (warning, may be tmi, but outside of the labia), and I gotta try something else. I'm literally raw down there after today's 30 miles and no amount of chamois butter helps.

On my road bike I have a Selle San Marco (I think Aspide?) and love it, never had any issues at all, but it's not long enough for tris. So I just ordered myself a Selle San Marco Aspide Glamour Tri, and we'll see how that goes.

A while back I tried the fizik arione and could not stay on it for ten minutes, so I know your pain.

But I share your pain -- and just find myself overwhelmed and drowning in the "I have X saddle and love it" reviews from past threads without specific information on where you ride and where the "contact points" are, so thanks for posting this.

PS: Hi Rocker!
Last edited by: curlygirl: Aug 13, 08 10:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ISM Adamo!! with this saddle i naturally ride on the nose and i've never been more comfortable. as has been mentioned, it takes a few rides to get use to (i felt like my sit bones were bruised) but after that initial break-in period it's great. my heart belongs to adamo!

good luck finding the right saddle. it can be such a pain in the a** (literally and figuratively:))

halliet
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [curlygirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey CG!

Did you read my XPost about my "severly traumatized" junk?

While I love my Damselfly on my tri bike, it (and all my other saddles) were TOTALLY in the wrong spot on my MTB nd I hurt myself :D Just tried out my new saddle (Specialized BG2), OMG...fabulous. It hits my sitboones exactly right, the cutout is in the right spot. Love!

The damselfly, though, Ihave found really works in an aggressive position far forward on the seat. And, like you, while on my tri bike, my sit bones don't even know why they'd come near a saddle (hence their confusion on my MTB :p)

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [YVR K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same one! I call it "ole squishy" and I LOVE it.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know a few ladies on my tri team who use this...blackwell "mo flow"...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using the Serfas Tri-W for the last 8 months. It took a little bit of a break in period but now I absolutely love it. It's padded in the nose but not so much that it's bothersome. I have not had a single race on it where I was even thinking about my saddle.

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [flash28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Blackwell "Mo Flow"...I changed out the saddle on my P2C this year for the Mo Flow and have survived IM training and several 100+ mile bike rides with no issues/chafing/sores. i still don't think anything is super comfortable for a 6 hour bike ride but it's a big improvement over what I was using.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Erin
trisports is starting their demo saddle program so you can try multiple types and settle on the one that works for you. I don't have the particulars on the program but I know someone who does.

I have a SLR Ti sitting around the house somewhere. If you want to try that just let me know I can get it to you this weekend.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: To the ladies who ride in an aggressive aero position and ride on the nose: which saddle are you using? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a very aggressive position and use the Terry Fly - men's saddle that is comparable to the Butterfly. I have Damselflys on all of my other bikes but I need a bit more padding for the aero position. You can get the Carbon Fly which is the lightest Terry saddle with carbon rails (that's the model I use).

Also, Terry has a "try it and love it or return it" policy - so you can try multiple saddles from them and not keep buying a new one every time.

They introduced a Tri specific saddle this year, the TRX gel. This is the first Terry racing saddle without a cutout - instead they put gel in the nose of the saddle for the aero position. Personally, I cannot ride it - I need the cutout to protect certain areas - but it is similar to the Selle Italia SLR T1.
Quote Reply

Prev Next