Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pity Party [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, I am kind of new here, and thus can't attest to your fabulosity, although I am sure everyone else is correct, you are most likely wonderful. You probably have a secret admirer who is afraid to approach you :-)

However, I have had situational blues lots of times! If there is something I can honestly target as the source of my depression (such as exhaustion, too much caregiving, the fact that I'm at Mile 95 of an Ironman, etc), it helps me to just accept that I will be having s****y feelings for this short period, just ride it out and trust the better stuff is coming.

I just came off of an 18 hour training week, and there were 2 -3 days I was just utterly weepy. I knew it was the hard training making me feel that way but that didn't make those days any more pleasant. I tried to be extra good to myself, not force things that are effortful, during those times. HTH
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know exactly how you feel. I am a bit younger (32) but haven't had a serious date since my live-in boyfriend of 7 years and I broke up in August of 2006. I have also been finding numerous gray hairs now that my color is fading and I am in desperate need of highlights (dumb stylist is on vacation until next week). So what do I did to get over my funk -- I signed up for IM Wisconsin. Figured since I was single and had nobody else to worry about, I figure I might as well spend the spring/summer training. I also decided to head to the Womens of ST training camp for the first time. So in just a few weeks, we can toast to our singleness and awesomeness.
Quote Reply
Re: Pity Party [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being a newer person here myself, I'm going to rely on everyone else's summary of your fabulous-ness. I have been getting gray hair since I was 21! I'm 32 now. I call them my 'sparkly' hairs.
When I'm down in the dumps I ususally gravitate to chocolate and a massage. :)
That's if my workout doesn't cure my mood.
Carry on, you'll be back on top in NO TIME!
Quote Reply
Re: Pity Party [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but men are idiots. don't let the bastards get you down

aaa....oops....stumbled into this room by accident...sorry.....I'll be going now....... :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoops - I just had to edit my original post as I misread it and thought you were turning 30. :-) and I was trying to cheer you up.

Anyways, smile and count your blessings. Still lots of time for you. Remember that life begins at 40.
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Apr 2, 08 11:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Double Ug. I have a birthday this week too! (tomorrow).

I am also going to be spending it alone. The first thing I am going to do to attempt to cheer myself up is go on at least a hour bike ride. Shower. Moisturize with lavender oil. Open a bottle of wine (really good wine-not the cheap stuff I usually get). Pop in a movie. And enjoy being able bodied, young (Yes--you are young. I've seen old and I am SURE you are not it), and having the ability to change my hair color any day I want ;-)

Oh and this is also a very easy and fun way to smile, watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXXm696UbKY

You can't help yourself.

Heather Sweet
http://thesweetsadventure.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you feel better. I was sad when I turned 40 too. Now I wonder why. I'm having a great time! 40's rock!
Quote Reply
Re: Pity Party [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha Ha stumbled my butt....we all know you lurk here squid...not that there is anything wrong with that..:)
Quote Reply
Re: Pity Party [PC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we all know you lurk here squid.

Lurk, hell.....I post here! I like this forum... I'm a honorary Womens. :)

Speaking to the age issue (with the understanding that it's somewhat different for men and womens), like you, I really enjoyed my 40's. And maybe it's just me, but I find womens in their 40's to be HOT. I bet QRgirl is no exception.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just had what Oprah calls an "Ah ha!" moment. I finally think I've internalized that this whole age issue is just society once again telling us, women, that we aren't meeting the ideal. I mean, the older we get the more life we've lived and the more interesting we become.

I know that I'm far more entertaining at a dinner party in my late 30's than I was in my mid-20's. I'm lucky in that I'm happily married but if I wasn't, I'd hope I'd be able to see that if a man is concerned about my age I wouldn't want anything to do with them.

I'd like to blame men for all of this but that isn't fair. We've bought into the vision of beauty that is probably rooted in the whole "she looks like a good mate because she has good genetics" instinct.

Have you girls seen the Victoria's Secret commercials where the model is around 15? Makes me sick. Gah! Stooopid society.

Everytime I frown at a wrinkle I'm going to think about all that this aging body has allowed me to do:
2 Ironmans
5 Marathons
4 Ultramarathons
3 Half Ironmans
Multiple shorter races: half marathons, sprints, olys, etc.

All since the age of 32. Beat that youngsters!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Pity Party [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the older we get the more life we've lived and the more interesting we become.

yep, you nailed it!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your "cougarizing" comment is hilarious.

I hope you're feeling happier -- Happy Birthday, by the way. I turned 41 a few weeks ago, and I feel more comfortable in my own skin than I ever have in my life. At this point we have enough experience to see people for what they are and to not sweat the small stuff. How great is that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And maybe it's just me, but I find womens in their 40's to be HOT. I bet QRgirl is no exception.[/quote]
well she IS a pharma rep and it's not like they recruit unattractive women to that industry.

i've met QRgirl and i can tell you that she looks a good 5-10 years younger than she is PLUS she has that intangible quality that almost always ensures success as a sales professional...likability. if you meet her, it's impossible not to like her (plus as my old boss would say in his low texan drawl, that one thar...she's EASY on the eyes).

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a great day.
clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Pity Party [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Pity Party [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

I'm off to have a kick butt birthday!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahem.

Happy Birthday.

That is all.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FELIZ CUMPLEANOS CHICA!!!

you're like a fine wine. you're not getting older just maturing into a better vintage! always remember and don't ever forget (do you recall that 80's reference?) in the immortal words of reginald martinez jackson, "it ain't bragging if you can do it!"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Birthday Erin!!!!

I'll fight ya for Matt :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey birthday girl! have a great day!

i think you're awesome.

hallie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Erin, it's too bad that you're in another country because, sistah, I have 2 fabulous single guy friends (40 and 41 respectively) that have not had much in the way of luck in finding the love of their lives here in the Great White North.
From what all of these ladies say about you, you sound like a FANTASTIC catch and you will make some lucky man very happy. Have a fantastic birthday!

===============================================

Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

http://www.teamrunningfree.com
http://ironmanredux.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Erin, happy birthday!!! I hope you're feeling better about everything. Onwards and upwards to bigger and better things, yes?!
Quote Reply
Re: Pity Party [MonicaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ladies, ladies. There's no need to fight. There's plenty of me to go around :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, so turning 39 was not so bad.

I had a good work day, got a facial, received lots of phone and e-mail messages from friends, worked out with my mom then had a great dinner that my brother made with the parents, said brother and cute family friend.

Thanks for the well wishes :-)

PS Happy 21st B-day to tigerchick!!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next