Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If I had nieces ...
Quote | Reply
... they would be getting these http://www.myswitcheroo.com/...ts/posters-for-girls, if not the whole set then at least the "I Can Save Myself" poster.

And they'd probably think I was lame for not buying them princess stuff!

I have nephews so no tiaras, just lots of lego, dinosaurs, hockey, soccer, and all the rest of the science-nerd/sports stuff they're into.
Quote Reply
Re: If I had nieces ... [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are AWESOME! Thx for sharing

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neat!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will say, if I had a daughter I would get her the "I Can Save Myself" poster, but the rest are epic fails...

The Maverick kinda looks like Sarah Palin and why has she ejected? Can women not fly planes as well? I've flown with a few hornet gals that would beg to differ.

Captain saluting with left hand???

The wild thing just needs a wax, kinda looks like Austin Powers...

That being said, I actually do like the "I Can Save Myself" poster, that I would get for a girl.

When someone pulls laws out of their @$$, all we end up with are laws that smell like sh!t. -Skippy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice.

I was at my brother's for Thanksgiving. My sister was shocked my 2 1/2 year old niece didn't have a barbie. My mom was ready to get her one, but thought she was too young.

The thought to get her a barbie never crossed my mind.

As a side note, when my brother found out that my sister was disappointed in her not having a barbie, he went out to the garage and comes back in with a bag full of barbies and clothes he found discarded in the alley behind his house. This of course caused an uproar with my mom and my sister in law who thought it was awful that her first barbie was a hand me down, or not even a hand me down, but found in the trash.

I cleaned the doll up and gave it to my niece. She immediately started mothering it. Which really surprised me because she doesn't watch any TV and my brother is a stay at home dad.
Quote Reply
Re: If I had nieces ... [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My daughter didn't have a Barbie until my sister-in-law bought her one. She would rather have a light saber, roller blades, or legos. She does like a nice tiara however as she is the princess! For Halloween she has been Spider Girl, Jango Fett, and Darth Vader. When we went to get the Darth Vader costume the clerk said we don't have that in girls' sizes-only boys' sizes! I think at the age of 8 they are the same thing mostly. But she does love pretty clothes and dressing up on special occasions.
Quote Reply
Re: If I had nieces ... [original PV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the other three were fun, I like the artwork, but the "I Can Save Myself" one made my day. There are a couple of women I know in their 40s who could do with one.

Few things annoy me more than helpless females. Could be I'm bitter because I'm tall and can't carry off the helpless act like some petite women can!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I thought the other three were fun, I like the artwork, but the "I Can Save Myself" one made my day. There are a couple of women I know in their 40s who could do with one.

Few things annoy me more than helpless females. Could be I'm bitter because I'm tall and can't carry off the helpless act like some petite women can!

That made me chuckle :) See, I think I am bitter because I'm short and have never gotten a tall girl to date me :(

When someone pulls laws out of their @$$, all we end up with are laws that smell like sh!t. -Skippy
Quote Reply
Re: If I had nieces ... [pookie87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't like barbies when I was little. Preferred legos. I did like American Girl dolls. Awesome books to go along with them and my mom could make clothes for them.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cute! Definitely like the I can save myself one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always told my daughter she could be anything she wants, but having brought up a son and a daughter I sometimes sort of feel let girls be girls and let boys be boys because there was a definite difference. They'll find their own way even without the posters on the wall.
Quote Reply