Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Oct. 4
Quote | Reply
How was it?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 4 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Terrible. I'm still sick with some cough/infection and very little training and trying to ride yesterday and my times were slow (like use a sundial instead of a stopwatch). So, my trip to Worlds in Portugal in 15 days is probably off. I don't really want to spend the money to go ride super slow times (which will piss me off and even more ruin the trip). I've been to Portugal before and if I'm going to sight see and see friends, I'd rather go in the spring or summer.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My goals were
Quote:
This week's goals: 5 runs (two done). Swim Tuesday and Friday. Ride twice (one done). NO MORE GUM.

Ran 7 times; 39.5 miles. Swam Tu, Th, F for a total of 7000 yds. Rode once (0:50).

nutrition is so-so; I had 5 good days! The reason I'm trying to avoid gum is that the artificial sweeteners always upset my stomach and make me crave more sugar. (I think I have some sort of oral fixation and that's why I want it). I did better with chewing less of it.

Goals for this week: run 5 times (1 done), swim 3 times, and ride at least once (I brought my mountain bike to school to check out some of the trails here). Do hip exercises 5 times (1 done). And have 7 days without bingeing... that is my big goal for this week!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 4 [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no Cathy, that's too bad :-( You are probably right to not go... I'd be thinking the exact same thing if I were in your shoes...Once you're better, what would you be aiming for then? Any other international races?

Get better...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4x runs including a 5k race on Sat (2 easy with dog; 1 5k race; 1 8k with strides or intervals - not too hard tho) - DONE and I got a 3rd place OA-F at the 5k! Not my fastest time and I still have a lot of work to do, but at least I know I can consistently hit 23' now...
- 1x swim - really! ;-) FAIL - still no pool mojo in me
- 2x rides (aim for a LSD on Sun and one more hill climb ride) - DONE including a 2hr Mtn Bike ride, and a 1.5hr trainer ride.

This week:
- Keep on the good-diet track esp with Thanksgiving this weekend (mostly portion size for me)
- 4x run (2 hard, 2 ez with dawg)
- 1x swim (if I keep writing this down, eventually I'll actually get this done haha)

No riding this week I think (sked kinda sucks).

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 4 [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That does suck. Hope you feel better soon. I have to say though, this line made me crack up.
In Reply To:
my times were slow (like use a sundial instead of a stopwatch).

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, I guess my week was okay. I still am not recovered apparently and am having the hardest time running. :( Went for a 4 mile run and just about died after 2 miles and then had to drag myself 2 more miles back home. It wasn't fun. But I feel just skippy on the bike and in general. Hopefully I'll get there soon.

Goals last week were:
Cycle commute more often than not - Done
Core x 4 - Done
Run x 3 - Only 2, but got a nice hike in as well
Yoga x 1 - Done

Goals this week:

Cycle commute more often than not + 1 Mtn bike ride
Run x 4, but just itty bitty ones (like 1-3 miles)
Core x 4
Yoga x 1

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 4 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pretty big goal for next year, so get 100% well and then start laying down the base for that. And I'm planning on going to the Tour de France next summer so I have that to look forward to.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:

- 3 runs; 1 @ ~25k, 1 easy, 1 hill repeats: WIN! pretty sure i went a little easy on the hill repeats, but i still did it, and my times were all very close together.

- at least 1 core workout: WIN! i got my ass kicked by rubberman for an hour (yoga video), and did some bodyweight stuff in the middle of a bike ride as well. bulgarian split squats in cycling kit out front of a tim hortons while my husband tries to sip his coffee in such a way that he looks like he doesn't know me? yes please!

- at least 1 swim: FAIL. was going to swim thursday, but it was nice out, so i went for a ride instead.

- try for 2 bike rides: WIN! still haven't been on my tri bike since my last race, but i'm really loving my CX bike right now - even got to investigate a new-to-me trail yesterday with amazing fall colour :)

this week's goals:

- swim tonight as i won't be able to hit the pool for awhile (getting a new tattoo wednesday - NOT an m-dot!)
- 3 runs, but keep intensity short and the rest very easy. taper for 25k trail race is here!
- try to get out on my tri bike once, and keep the date i have with tanker to show him the new trail i rode yesterday :)
- 2 core workouts

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I had a great week. Ended it with my first ever bike race- a 70 mile tour. I had to ride on my tri bike (they were allowed as long as you didnt go into aero) because I dont own a road bike now. I came in 4th female, in 3:00:53 ( I was hoping for under 3:10). Next year I have to go back and get under 3 hours!
Running is coming along. Trying to be very patient and sticking to 20-30 mins as my body gets used to running again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
2 swims (met)
30 minute stationary bike & strength session before and after (met)
3 mile run (not met, it was raining so substituted the run with a spining session)

This week's goals:
3 swims (2 done)
1 bike w/ strengthening sessions (Tomorrow, MUST GET UP EARLY FOR IT or I'll have to do it the day after tomorrow)
3 mile run (Friday, forecast is sunny so no more excuses!)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 4 [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It rocked...set a new 5k PR (breaking 20 mins for the first time ever too!). 19:41.
Quote Reply