Login required to post replies

How was your week? August 16
Quote | Reply
My goal was s/b/r 3/3/7.
3 swims! 2500, 1300, 3000 yds.
1 ride, all of 12 miles.
7 runs - 57.6 miles total.
1 walk - 3 miles

Goals for this week are 3/4/6. I start weeks on Sunday and I'm already at two rides and two runs.
Another goal: 2 yoga/Pilates sessions.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Aug 16, 10 17:25
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 16 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:

- swim x 3: done
- run x 3: done
- bike x 3: done +1, and I GOT A NEW FREAKIN' BIKE! WAHOOOO!

(i really love that jersey JenHS! :)

we stopped off at one of the LBSs on thursday night since they were having a huge sale, and tanker gave me the go-ahead to pick up this demo model (for half original price)! got it kitted out with bottle cages, cycle computer, seat bag w/flat kit, crank bros candy pedals and a new pair of mtb shoes on friday evening, and now i'm totally ready for cyclocross season! :D

this week will be tough, since we're riding down a motorcycle rally in michigan on friday right after i leave work...which means packing the bikes on thursday night. won't be home until sunday, but i'm going to *try* to get a run in while we're there.

swim x 2
bike x 3
run x 3

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last weeks goals:
- Relax ;-): DONE!
- 3 easy runs: DONE ended up doing 4 runs ;-)
- 1 swim: NOT DONE but that's ok.
- 1 ride: DONE rode 3hr with a very svelt Khai.

This week: We're in a heat wave right now and I normally run at lunch time so will change it up:
- 4 runs (2 w/ dog in am, 1 lunchtime hill run if it cools down, 1 other run either LSD or intervals)
- instead of running every day lunch, I'll swim until it cools down, so... 3x swim this week.
- 1x ride (3hrs again would work)

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 16 [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bike!! Congratulations!

I had a recovery week. Racing 4 races in 2 days at a very high intensity after not racing much in the past year pretty much wiped me out. I skipped Tuesday's motor pacing session, which the coach and the physical therapist were happy about. PT is very happy with how my knee is taking all the training and racing.

Goal this week: Excellent nutrition, excellent rest, hit all training sessions.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NICE BIKE!!! WAHOOOOO!!!! :)

My week was okay. Can I taper yet? Puh-lease?!?!? Ugh. Was supposed to do a medium-long-ish brick yesterday. (55mi bike, 15mi run). I may or may not pushed it off until today, and I may or may not have had lunch and a 45 min nap in T2. ;) The bike was really hilly and windy and we pushed it, so I was suffering on the run. Not the biggest confidence boost when it was only 15 miles and its 4 weeks out from IM and I am hurting. But that's what I get for pushing the bike. Builds muscles and character, right?

My goals were:
Swim: 2 pool, 1 OW (I'd like to do 2 miles for the OW, we'll see) - CHECK! - combined the 2 pool swims into a 1.6mi OW, and did 2.4 OW as well - wasn't fast, but felt easy-peasy
Bike: 4 medium - CHECK!
Run: 3 medium, 1 long-ish
- uncheck. :( I skipped a 7 miler.

This week!
Swim: 2 pool, another 2.4 ows
Bike: 2 shorter, 1 long
Run: 1 transition run, 2 medium (with speed!), 1 long
Other goals for this week: Finish putting together 'IM support team goody bags' for my parents, in-laws, and sister. Then decorate them. Fun stuff! :)

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice bike! But you need to ditch the bottle cages to really be ready for cx season :)

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fix your driveway
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 16 [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Was supposed to do a medium-long-ish brick yesterday. (55mi bike, 15mi run). I may or may not pushed it off until today, and I may or may not have had lunch and a 45 min nap in T2. ;) The bike was really hilly and windy and we pushed it, so I was suffering on the run. Not the biggest confidence boost when it was only 15 miles and its 4 weeks out from IM and I am hurting.

I think that's a pretty decent brick and that you're going to rock your IM :-)
55 miles bike + 15 mile run is longer than a HIM training distance for the day (or maybe about the same since you ran longer but didn't swim, slacker ;-)

Have some faith and pride in it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 16 [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nice bike! But you need to ditch the bottle cages to really be ready for cx season :)

i'll do so when i'm not using the CX bike pretty much exclusively for training - i can't get out of my neighbourhood at the moment without going through a construction zone that disagrees with my TT bike, so i'm very happy to have 'cross tires to run on rather than being stuck on the trainer! they're 2mins to take off come late september when CX season really gets going around here :)

In Reply To:
fix your driveway

it's not broken! :p

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Aw, thanks. :P It's crazy what IM training is doing to my perspective. I mean, it was *only* 15 miles... wait a minute!

But I guess I need to swim first next time. ;)

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 16 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its too much I can not do this.

Shani.
Quote Reply