Login required to post replies

How'd you do? 1-17-11
Quote | Reply
My past week's goals:

for this coming week:
5 swims did 4. I pulled a back muscle and that cancelled the last one. 9k total
6 runs did 6, 35.5 miles
Shoulder and hip exercises 5x did them 3x
Finish the next step with thesis data done!
Be on day 19 by next week ;-) nope. Made it to day 15, then had issues. Still having issues.

So, I pulled a back muscle and don't know how long that will take to heal. I ran Fri. am and have been resting since then. No goals for this week right now exercise wise; I will make them later in the week when I can train again :-(

Goal for today & rest of the week is to get back on track with eating.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? 1-17-11 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 3 runs: WIN, including a 10-miler in deep, fresh snow. took forever, and kicked my butt, but i'm stronger for it!
- 2 bike: FAIL. was going to do the 2nd one yesterday, but got talked out of it by persuasive husband ;)
- 2 core/strength: WIN. one major strength workout, a good foam roller session, and i did some yoga (10mins) before work mon-thurs!
- 2 swims: WIN.

this week's goals:
- 3 runs, possibly including the frosty trail 3-hour race on saturday
- 2 bike. seriously.
- 2 core/strength
- 2 swim

starting to feel a little more like an athlete again, and just signed tanker and i up as a mixed team (having discussed it with him already!) for the paris-ancaster in april :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run 4X - ran 3X - everything got pushed back a day as I missed my Friday workout due to only sleeping an hour or so and puking in the morning.
Bike 1X - done
Strength 1X - done

This week's goals:
Only have today and tomorrow so far - run tonight, strength tomorrow. We'll see what I'm supposed to do the rest of the week. Going up north this weekend and hiking.

Otherwise, according to my bf, I have a bad temper....some guy on Saturday decided to roll through a stop sign and right at me, so I slammed his hood and screamed 'watch it' at him multiple times - once he finally stopped, I rather strongly pointed out the location of the stop sign (behind him) and called him a mean thing. ....which by my standards is tame, I HATE people who don't stop at stop signs or lights when I have the right of way, and unless I think I'm going to be seriously injured, I'll be damned if I'm going to cede my right of way to the many jerk drivers who live in my neighbourhood and think they can just ignore pedestrians. Yes, I know ALL the reasons this is pig-headed and stupid of me, but knowing that doesn't change me one bit. I wage a one-woman war on cars. Guy is just lucky I didn't snap off his Mercedes hood ornament when he smiled sheepishly at me. :heh:

So I suppose I should work on being more zen on runs too....counting to 10 or something. Dunno.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: build 2 - bike focus
Run 4x, keep the hard runs hard => FAIL, only got in 3 runs and I wouldn't say they were hard (1 was very hard)
Swim 2x => DONE and feeling great in the pool now
Ride 4x (to & from work as much as realistic, one long ride on weekend). => DONE+ (3 rides to & from work, including one set in 10cm of snow - so it took forever, and 2 trainer rides of 2hrs each).

This week: build 3 - run focus
Run 5x
Swim 2x
Ride 1x on trainer.
This weekend is totally pooched for training as we're going out of town with the kids. Might be able to find a spin class, or get in a swim, that'd be about it. 46 days til IMNZ and I'm a wreck about it.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: 4 days of 3 mile runs, 1 day of 1/2 hr stationary bike, 2 days of doing nothing due to being too tired from the 12 hour work days

This week:
Mon- another 12 hour work day: no exercise
Tue- 3 mile run
Wed- 1/2 hr bike or the run
Thur- 1 mile swim, or the run, or the bike
Fri- run, swim, or bike
Sat- 3 mile run
Sun- 1 mile swim
Quote Reply