Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hair falling out like crazy
Quote | Reply
I am a 44 year old helathy female. I long hair - and a lot of it. BUT for the last year my hair has been falling out - it is not breaking as i see long strands of it when i comb my hair. At this rate i won't have any left!!!

The only thing I can tie to possibly is the Mirena IUD - It seems the hair loss started after the IUD was inserted - which was about 1 1/2 years ago.
I don't want to have the IUD removed as it has litterally changed my life. I had VERY bad periods before the Mirena - heavy, heavy, heavy periods and lots of pain. I was missing work a couple days each month. So removing the IUD is not he best solution for me...

Anyone have any thoughts
Quote Reply
Re: Hair falling out like crazy [skr708] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hypothroid? Hair loss is one of the symptoms of a whacky Thyroid.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
super low fat intake can also lead to hair loss. your doctor would know better than i would, though.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
You need to see a doctor.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has your stress level been higher in the past year?

The same thing happens to me and I attribute it to a high-stress job and IM training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could be hyper or hypothyroidism. Get your thyroid checked. 8million American women have thyroid issues and ignore the symptoms b/c it's so easy to explain them away. Get checked!

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had significant hair loss due to low iron stores. Hemoglobin was always fine, so it never showed up until they tested for ferritin. My hair loss corresponded with IM training and weight loss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My hair started falling out after I got the Mirena inserted as well - not that I am suggesting this is the cause of your hair loss, but it is possible. I had alot of other issues too, and had to get it removed. Unlike you, it was the worst decision I ever made to get it put in. Wow - my body did not like it at all. I am still spotting and I got it removed in mid-April.

I would definitely see a Doctor, sooner rather than later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the Mirena and the same problem too. I only had it for about 3 months before I couldn't stand it anymore, my body just didn't like it in general, but the hair loss continued for another month or so after it was removed.
Quote Reply