Sr. Product Development Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Product Manager will be responsible for the following (Please note other duties may be assigned):
The Manager of Product Development is responsible for the overall strategy, sourcing and delivery of a sporting goods product line. This includes design development of selected products from concept, to color, to construction ensuring that there are clear and consistent standards in direction, design and quality of the product. Work with suppliers on specifications, manufacturing and testing.
- Lead the development and launch of a line of products from concept ideation to product development and market positioning to retail delivery.
- Comprehensive ownership of product line including concept and product definition, technology and line development, market research, product/consumer testing, costing, product specifications/QA, vendor management, and product planning.
- External communication with vendors and manufacturers
- A thorough understanding of competition through competitive shopping and research of market trends.
- Creates and exhibits a sense of ownership
- Previous exp. bringing a product line to market.
- 5+ yrs of Product Management experience within a sporting goods, preferably the bicycle or related industry
- Detail oriented, organized and great communication skills.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Microsoft Word & Excel computer skills.
- Entrepreneurial experience or attitude a plus
- Hands on prototyping skills a strong plus
- College degree required
- Must be able to travel to Asia