Datathletics | Remote
To apply for this position, please send a resume to email@example.com.
We are looking for someone with an insatiable love for exploring massive amounts of data and tackling complex analytical problems. If you are passionate about data science and have the experience or training to tackle in-depth optimization projects this could be the perfect summer internship for you!
Ask yourself these questions:
- Have you ever used Matlab? How about SQL?
- Does the prospect of working remotely from wherever youd like this summer appeal to you?
- Have you ever wanted to work with a startup?
- Does working directly with our Chief Data Scientist a former lead NASA Data Scientist for 20 years excite you?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
· You have a deep understanding of statistical modeling, regression, and optimization techniques
· You have practical experience using MATLAB
· You are able to self-direct work and work well remotely
· You are able to work on a diverse team that is entrepreneurial and data-driven by nature
· You can explain complex research and analysis to non-statistically trained teammates and customers
· You work hard, make mistakes, and learn from them.
Helpful but not required:
· Personal interest in or knowledge of triathlons or other competitive endurance events
· Experience working with a development team (not just a research team)
· Confident, weird, and humble personality
Datathletics is the startup unleashing the power of rigorous data science to help triathletes make better decisions. We serve competitive triathletes and triathlon coaches with offerings that offer insights into ways to improve training, advice on racing strategies to achieve a particular goal, and tools that help coaches better serve their athletes. We work closely with our Coach Advisory Board which includes several of the biggest names in triathlon coaching to guide our development.
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.