As a growing personalized medicine company, Our Client is seeking to hire an outstanding individual in the capacity of Applied Biostatistcian. You will be responsible for creating biomarker algorithms that will discriminate cancer treatment decisions, and incorporating multiple biomarkers into the results. The Applied Biostatistician will be expert in statistics, computational modeling approaches, and broadly knowledgeable in applying biostatistics to discovery and translational biomedical research. He/She will be creative, detail-oriented, and highly motivated to learn about the new exciting directions in personalized medicine. We are looking for persons with a strong desire to make a difference by providing important contributions towards patient health.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Analytical & Problem Solving
- Undertakes exploratory analyses with biomarker outputs and patient clinical outcome data to discover therapeutic benefit prediction in cancer
- Develops algorithms from combined effects of multiple biomarkers and disease parameters
- Utilizes bioinformatic, computational, and statistical analysis in modeling, testing, and validation of hypothesis Detailed analytical experience in evaluating complex datasets
- Thinks creatively towards non-obvious clinical applications of biomarker trends
- Works effectively with Oncology scientists, data analysts, clinicians, pathologists, and statisticians
- Leads collaborative interpretation of biomarker results
- Routinely and effectively communicates progress to members of discovery and development team as well as executives and collaborators
- Stays up-to-date with pertinent statistical methods
- Demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility to group progress, integrating data-driven concepts with clinical need
- Demonstrated ability with predictive modeling, supervised learning, and developing algorithms to interpret and refine complex datasets in biomedical settings
- Outstanding knowledge of biostatistical methods and statistical analysis software
- Working knowledge of programming, such as in S-Plus, R, MATLAB
- Understanding of biological pathways and the role of protein change in disease states
- Experience with clinical trial outcomes and methods for reporting clinical outcomes to treatment
- Molecular diagnostics and translational research experiences are beneficial, and a broad background with oncology is preferred
- PhD. In Biostatistics/Statistics
- >3 years directly relevant experience in Algorithm creation, analysis, and interpretation
- Practical knowledge of Bioinformatics in Oncology preferred
Position is onsite, so would require being located in greater Boston area. Relocation assistance (lump sum) available to the right candidate.
If interested or know someone who is, contact me at:
Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?