Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

wtb: random parts
Quote | Reply
Okay guys, I'm doing a fixie build and I need some random parts. If people save spare parts like I do, someone has to have some of this stuff laying around.

Here's what I need:

1 Bar end brake lever. The kind that fits in the ends of cow horns, not the type that mount to the bars (like standard STI). Don't need two, just one

1 dual pivot caliper brake. Standard stuff, make or model doesn't matter much as long as it works.

1 set cow horn bars

1 set SPD type pedals.

I need a new stem and a new seat post too, but I'm not sure of the the diameters off the top of my head. So if you have one of those you'd like to sell, let me know anyway. The frame is a late 80's lugged steel Raleigh Reliant, so if anyone knows the seat tube and stem diameter off the top of thier head, that would be great.

I also will need a fix/fix 36 hole hub, a 36 hole front hub, two unbuilt 700c rims, a track crank and ring (square taper) and some rear sprockets

If anyone is interested, i am also selling the old stuff, so if you want a classic suntour 5 speed derr set and stem mount friction shifters, let me know. Cassestte and front rings also up for grabs, but can't image those being all that highly prized

sometimes you just have to eat the cake
Quote Reply
Re: wtb: random parts [vortmax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I have some old mavic cowhorns you can have. Shoot me an email this weekend to remind me to check when I get back home.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: wtb: random parts [vortmax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a BB 68x113mm - it was too wide for my fixie, let me know if you need that.

John Heiss
PhD Biochemistry, UCLA
Founder, Prolong Energy
http://www.prolongenergy.com
Quote Reply
Re: wtb: random parts [jkh2828] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks to both of you.

as for the BB, right now it feels like it's pretty smooth, but as the bike was sitting in this guys garage for the past 20 years, the cranks are frozen to the spindel. I'm pretty sure it's square taper, but have no idea of the size. I'm having a shop pull it apart next week, then I'll know if the old one can be salvaged and what size i need.

sometimes you just have to eat the cake
Quote Reply