Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wired PowerTap Pro/DT Swiss
Quote | Reply
For sale is my 2003 vintage Powertap Pro. It was completely rebuilt by PowerTap in 2008 including a new torque tube. I rebuilt the wheel around a DT swiss rim with black spokes and red alloy nipples in 2009 and has very few miles on it since then. There is a very slight hop in the rim from some unknown riding hit, but nothing to worry about in everyday riding. The LYC is a new one from 2010 after I dropped the old one on a climb. I have at least two wired receivers, probably 3 that will come with it. (cadence wires have been cut off of all of them. I didn't like the extra cable management on tt bikes.)

This has been and continues to be a super reliable system and promises to be for many years on. I'm just moving on to a wireless system with a new bike purchase.

Make an offer.
Quote Reply
Re: Wired PowerTap Pro/DT Swiss [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump for the weekend crowd. PM if interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A new bike? Are you finally regretting buying that aerodynamic brick of a Kuota? I need to hear about new bikes. My wife has a job and I have been doing reserve stuff, so I got to buy a new front derailleur this week. It will actually shift now. I know it is modest, but it is the first new thing for the tri bike in years.
Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Wired PowerTap Pro/DT Swiss [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new bike is some ways off, Chad. I have to get this hip and foot situation sorted out first. I think it is going to be at least a year before I'm really back to training full time. We'll see what the ortho says this week. So in the meantime, the Kuota is going. Yes, the basic frame may leave a lot to be desired, but my measured Cda beats a heck of a lot of people I race against...so it wasn't all terrible. It could be better. I'm liking the sound of the new 2012 Felt offerings.

And so while I'm "just tooling around" on the ol' Talon SL, I'm not really interested in power. I don't want to be reminded of how far down the totem pole I've fallen in injury-land.

Really, folks....any reasonable offer is going to take this wheel. And I promise...it'll be a screaming deal of an offer. I just rode it today...still going strong!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you give me a starting pt. Computer are listed at 75-125 I can find a older wheel.
?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM Sent.
Quote Reply
Re: Wired PowerTap Pro/DT Swiss [treis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be honest, I don't really have a range. Like you, I can't find any comparable listings to see what might be a range. I feel like the wheel is old enough at this point that it's only worth what you all might offer. The computer itself is basically like new, with only about 8 months of use on it since I haven't really ridden my bike in about a year due to injuries. The new rim has about the same amount of time on it, but has the very minor damage from some pothole or debris which I cannot for the life of me remember doing.
Quote Reply