Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTT: 1997 Hawaiian Ironman Finishers Shirt -- My XL for Your L
Quote | Reply
Me: My 1997 IMH Finisher's shirt (Size XL) is in fantastic condition (see photos), but I've discovered it's now too large for me.
My shoulders were larger in 1997, I weighed more, and I wore my t-shirts larger than I do now.
The shirt was worn twice, washed once, and stored in a bag since 1998.

You: You gained weight and your Size L finishers shirt is now too small for you. But, it's still in great condition.

Let's help each other out. Mine for yours.
Last edited by: The Herminator: Oct 7, 20 12:44
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: 1997 Hawaiian Ironman Finishers Shirt -- My XL for Your L [The Herminator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump 1. I know you're out there.
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: 1997 Hawaiian Ironman Finishers Shirt -- My XL for Your L [The Herminator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, no disrespect, but that was 23 years ago. No sane person would keep a t shirt of any sort that long.
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: 1997 Hawaiian Ironman Finishers Shirt -- My XL for Your L [eurobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eurobike wrote:
Dude, no disrespect, but that was 23 years ago. No sane person would keep a t shirt of any sort that long.

That must make me insane. At the moment I'm wearing a t-shirt from the summer 1994 Dead tour that I bought new during the Vegas run.
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: 1997 Hawaiian Ironman Finishers Shirt -- My XL for Your L [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GROSS
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: 1997 Hawaiian Ironman Finishers Shirt -- My XL for Your L [eurobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eurobike wrote:
GROSS

It's been washed at least once or twice...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump 2.
Last edited by: The Herminator: Nov 6, 20 7:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump 3.
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: 1997 Hawaiian Ironman Finishers Shirt -- My XL for Your L [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why don't you just wash it in hot water and then throw it in the dryer for an hour. Should solve the sizing issue for you.
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: 1997 Hawaiian Ironman Finishers Shirt -- My XL for Your L [Zissou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zissou wrote:
Why don't you just wash it in hot water and then throw it in the dryer for an hour. Should solve the sizing issue for you.

Did that, at least with test shirts of similar heavy cotton material and for 1 or more washing/drying per shirt.
The process wasn't controllable, at least in my hands.
Some shirts lost relatively more length than width, others the opposite. One didn't change at all.
Also, the material in this shirt is pre-shrunk which adds more uncertainty about the outcome.
An exchange just seemed to be a logical and simple first approach.

Next step is to contact Hanes to see if anyone there can offer advice.
Or maybe dig around on the Internet a bit more.
Quote Reply