Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB - Zipp 900 Clincher Disc Wheel / PowerTap SL 2.4 Wireless
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a Zipp 900 clincher rear disc laced to a powertap 2.4 sl (wireless). I don't need the electronics package and HR strap. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Zipp 900 Clincher Disc Wheel / PowerTap SL 2.4 Wireless [tridawg72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unless you are set on a zipp. the new HED jet PT wheel- is lighter, stiffer, and more than 1k cheaper. I've looked into both quite extensively.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Zipp 900 Clincher Disc Wheel / PowerTap SL 2.4 Wireless [mlinenb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mark - Does HED build the disc with the PT hub? If so - what is the best place to get the wheel from?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Zipp 900 Clincher Disc Wheel / PowerTap SL 2.4 Wireless [tridawg72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I happened to be speaking to the guys at Hed (on a slightly different topic) last week and they indicated that they had the PT version of the disk in stock (I seem to recall that it was the one they had at Interbike) for sale. Give them a call.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would give HED a call directly. Or a local shop could order, too. But- calling HED- can make sure the wheel is built for your weight, specifications, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Zipp 900 Clincher Disc Wheel / PowerTap SL 2.4 Wireless [mlinenb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't buy the wheel directly from HED. If you do you will have to pay the full MSRP. Their dealers can cut you a deal. I got mine from Tom D. at Bikesports Michigan. He posts here often and is easy to work with remotely. If you can't reach Tom (he is usually in fitting) then Kim has been very helpful too.
Quote Reply