Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB - New Groupset
Quote | Reply
Hey guys - My step-daughter has decided she might like to start cycling, so I'd like to upgrade my old 2006 Trek 2100 ZR for her.

That old bike has treated me well over the years, but the drivetrain is a little long in the tooth: 3x - 10 spd. And it's starting to do some wonky things more often while shifting, even left her stranded on Sunday.

So now I have a double-sense of urgency, as she leaves for college next month, as well.

Plan would be to upgrade it to 2x - 11 spd. (I've already swapped the stock 11 spd rims over from my B12 as the stock Bont's started pulling apart). Doesn't need to be brand new, but definitely should be in great working order.

And gonna need the entire groupo: shifters, dr's, crank, bottom bracket... So what do you guys got? Would prefer mechanical Shimano, and 105 is probably more than enough, and ebay has a brand-new set for $600 and change. But I hate ebay, and I'd rather buy from you guys.

Whachu got??

Thanks in advance!
- Jeff
Last edited by: jkstevens: Jul 28, 20 12:37
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Groupset to upgrade my old bike [jkstevens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent. I have an Ultegra 6800 groupset, if you're interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 5800 road group I would sell - brifters, caliper brakes, 28.6/31.8 front derailleur, mid-cage rear derailleur, bb, 11/32 cassette, chain, and choice of crank length (170 or 172.5) and gearing (52/36 or 50/34). Are your wheels 11sp compatible, and/or would you need an 11sp cassette that works on 10sp hub?
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Groupset to upgrade my old bike [brando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, Brando;

Very interested. Sending you a pm...

Thanks!
- Jeff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff, I sold it a couple weeks ago - hope you find something!
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Groupset to upgrade my old bike [brando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks man - and sorry for missing the reply to begin with. Still not sure how I did that one...
Quote Reply