Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB- 650cc Race Wheels- Perf Zipp 404
Quote | Reply
Looking for 650 Race wheels new or used, used must be in good condition. Would perfer Zipp 404's, but will look at other for the right price.

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Re: WTB- 650cc Race Wheels- Perf Zipp 404 [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do u have a budget in mind? Tub or clincher? Shimano or Campy? I have some new and used, that's why all the questions

STeve H

http://www.buytrigear.com
Quote Reply
Re: WTB- 650cc Race Wheels- Perf Zipp 404 [sharad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will take Clicher or Tube but would perfer Tubular

Shimano

No Budget set, just starting to look and have not got a good feel for the used market. If the price difference is enough I will go used. If not will buy new for the warrenty, but looking for the best deal possible of course

Thanks

Tim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have some spynergy rev x 650s for sale. They are about 6 years old. Maybe 1000 miles on them. They are the ones with the extra support (some have little screws and some don't).

Not sure what they're worth.

You can email me at trihanrahan@nospam.yahoo.com (take out the nospam) if you're interested.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB- 650cc Race Wheels- Perf Zipp 404 [TriHanrahan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have some Corima 650 Tubular "aero" with a shimano cassette and skewers. Make me an offer if you like. They are in great shape and one of the tires is still in "new" condition. The other tire is flat and will need to be replaced.

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I am a novice cyclist and complete two – three ½ IMs per yr. I average about 18 miles / hr during the bike section. I’m interested in buying Zipp 404s for my bike but have been told that I may not get a lot of additional speed from the Zipps given my mph is low and Zipps tend to benefit more in the above 22 mph range. Someone suggested perhaps trying the zipp 303 or HED Alps which are better suited for slower riders (17-19 mph). Is this correct or would Zipp 404s still be a good investment. I’ve also heard to stay away from Zipp 303 due to quality control issues?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB- 650cc Race Wheels- Perf Zipp 404 [golf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Golf. i tend more towards sprints and Int Dist races. My avg speeds range from 22 on a hill course to 25-26 on a course like Chicago (flat and straight), so I am pretty sure I would like 404's.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know if you are still looking, but here's what I have

Both of these were used as race wheels only

2001 Zipp 404 front- Bought new and used lightly in 2002-2004. Included is a Vittoria Corsa CX tire and front Ti skewer.

Specialized Tri-spoke. This is the ultralight version which is now the HED 3. Bought new in 2000. Shimano 8/9/10-speed compatible. Included is a TUFO Special Jet tire and rear Ti skewer.

Both wheels are in excellent condition. They are both true and all decals are intact.

Prefer to sell as a set. $650 including shipping in the continental U.S.

Pictures available upon request.

PM me if interested.

Richard
Quote Reply