Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SOLD Magical HED Alps Clincher Wheelset, picts too!
Quote | Reply
HED Alps 700c Clinchers Shimano 8/9/10 Speed Hub.

Tired of seeing your friends push out 450watts of power on a 40km TT, leaving you in the dust? Want to be able to mention the word “aero” and mean more than your dimpled water bottle?
Not long ago, I was just like you.
I too was passed by arthritic 90 year olds during Sprints.
I too DNF’d my first seven IM’s.
I too never placed in my age group.

One day, I decided I’d had enough.

I did one thing that made all the difference (aside from 40+ hours a week of training): I bought this HED Alps wheel set.

Since then, I’ve always placed in my AG.
People come to me for advice on wind tunnel dynamics.
Hell, I even managed to stay in front of Normann on the bike section during the Hawaii IM (I wasn’t an entrant, but managed to both stay ahead of him AND film him the entire way.)

Picts here: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/adamwhatley/album/576460762351903322

Enough about me, let’s look at these magical wheels.
I removed the Stickers on one side to make them lighter and more aero… Wheels are in good general condition and true (no hops or anything strange). They were used mostly as race wheels, so they don’t have tons of mileage on them, but they are not new. They are 50mm deep carbon with Titanium spokes. The hubs are literally amazing. My wife deemed them “the wheels that never stop spinning”—they are silky smooth. Sold free from a cassette, skewers, or tires so that you can choose your own setup. As I tried to show in the pictures, the cassette has gouged the hub a little: nothing that will ever affect performance. Front wheel has a little scratch on the hub body—I have no idea how I managed to do that…Otherwise, not too much to say about them. I decided to start using a power meter, so the wheels aren’t getting any use anymore. They weigh 1650 grams for the set. They will make you sexier and more attractive to the opposite (or same, if you go that way) gender, and most importantly, they will shave more hours off of your IM bike split than any amount of training ever will. Oh, and they are aero. Yes, they are.

Price: A screaming deal @ $450.00 + 25.00 shipping (to your door in the Continental US
Paypal only, please.)

***LIMITED TIME OFFER ***
I’ll take $10.00 off the price if you promise to purchase Zipp Z4 stickers for them so that people will know you take this sport seriously as you pass them.

Picts here: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/adamwhatley/album/576460762351903322

Adam
Last edited by: twowheels: Dec 28, 06 13:36
Quote Reply
Re: Magical HED Alps Clincher Wheelset, picts too! [twowheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I definitely do not need any more wheels but after that description I feel like I should buy them. Is your career in sales? When I looked at the pic all I see is a little kid for sale? Not too sure what happened when I clicked the link? Great description.
Quote Reply
Re: Magical HED Alps Clincher Wheelset, picts too! [MTMTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7 DNF's ouch that is like 3000 bucks plus travel.

Cute Kid
Quote Reply
Re: Magical HED Alps Clincher Wheelset, picts too! [mhemberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooops. Album should now work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SOLD SOLD SOLD