Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
SOLD!
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: jjabr: Mar 24, 12 10:32
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1200 [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, im very very interested in the front wheel, it got lost mine while driving :( so email me at facaso@me.com if your willing to sell, thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1200 [facaso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch! Sorry to hear about the wheel falling off.

I don't mind splitting, but would prefer buyers for both. Any takers for the rear wheel?
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1200 [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes nothing cool jajaja but such is life, let me know if you sell the back; thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1100 [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$1100 + actual shipping? I have a wheel box ready to go for them!
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1100 [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interetsed...please contact me at osborne993@cinci.rr.com
Cincinnati, OH
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1100 [d3racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emailed you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm new, but interested. Possibly just the rear wheel, but if you don't want to split them up I'm open to buying both.

Let me know if they're still available. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1100 [TerminatorX215] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TerminatorX215 wrote:
I'm new, but interested. Possibly just the rear wheel, but if you don't want to split them up I'm open to buying both.

Let me know if they're still available. Thanks.

Well, I have separate boxes. The guy above wanted the front. I can sell them separately if you two are still interested. I'd need payment for both before shipping though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, this does include the Zipp valve extenders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, sorry I was traveling back from New Zealand yesterday. Yes I'm still interested if they are still available. I've got some questions but I'll shoot you a pm here in a second. Thanks a lot.

Oh, also looking for a 404 front. In case you know of where I can find one.
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1100 [TerminatorX215] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds good, pm me anytime.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just unpacked from my trip to find out my fork is broken and my crank arm is bent.

Sorry man, I'm gonna have to back out of the sale. This totally blows.

Good luck with your sale. Really sorry if I screwed you up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ouch! Sorry to hear about that!

BUMP though for price drop, $1050?
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1050 [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also would consider trades plus cash (on either side) for a decent tri bike frameset (or whole bike maybe?). Especially a Scott Plasma or Trek Speed Concept 7.x. I would be a Large in either bike.
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1050 [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interested but can you explain what makes these wheels a special edition? Removing the dimples seems like a downgrade.

It's much more fun to play triathlete than be a triathlete....

Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1050 [rye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cannot explain why Zipp made these as it does seem that the non-dimpled ones would be a downgrade as Zipp likes to hype the dimples. I spoke with Zipp before I bought them though and they're real and only made in 2010. I highly doubt they're faster than regular 808s though given their same shape and lack of dimples.

As to why they made them though, I'm not sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those are 182/82 hubs which were used by zipp from 2006 to 2008. So buyer beware. These wheels are not 2010's.

Zipp Hub Timeline
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1050 [TriLou82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, I contacted Zipp as I had an interest in the wheelset and you are correct in that they are 182/82 hubs but the wheels were made in 2010 as they had a surplus of those hubs leftover and decided to make an employee wheelset at a discounted price. That is why the rims are undimpled but they are from 2010.

From my online chat: Denham: we had a surplus of our 2008 hubs and did a special edition for Industry employees using smooth rims and 82/182 hubs - greatly reduced pricing
Last edited by: rye: Mar 15, 12 6:05
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1050 [rye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rye wrote:
Actually, I contacted Zipp as I had an interest in the wheelset and you are correct in that they are 182/82 hubs but the wheels were made in 2010 as they had a surplus of those hubs leftover and decided to make an employee wheelset at a discounted price. That is why the rims are undimpled but they are from 2010.

From my online chat: Denham: we had a surplus of our 2008 hubs and did a special edition for Industry employees using smooth rims and 82/182 hubs - greatly reduced pricing

On behalf of the seller, and other interested parties, thanks for posting this information to invalidate what someone else assumed above.

Also, anyone with similar questions should pick up the phone and call Zipp customer servicer; in my experience they've been more than willing to help me figure out the authenticity/generation of a wheel in question.
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1050 [helios] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the clarification guys.

I both called Zipp before I purchased these initially and spoke to them on the online chat and they verified that these were definitely 2010 model 808s. While I appreciate transparency, it would be nice for someone to get their facts straight before calling something a scam or buyer beware or whatever. :/ Oh well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was no mention of why the hubs were of a previous generation in the add and no one else seemed to notice. If something is trying to be sold as something it's not, people looking at the add should know.

If the above info about why those particular hubs were used had been posted in the add in the first place, I wouldn't have said anything.

Good luck with the sale, I'm glad I was able to drag out all the info on these wheels one way or another.
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Zipp 808 Clinchers Shimano/SRAM 700c (aluminum brake track) - $1050 [TriLou82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I speak for everyone on Slowtwitch when I sincerely thank you for policing the Classified forums; we are lucky to have people like you to do so! I almost ended up selling my 2010 Zipp 808s to someone under the guise of them being...wait for it...2010 Zipp 808s! Gold star for you! The travesty of someone getting what was advertised and what they paid for was thankfully averted...this time!

But, off with you! There are many more threads in this forum! Perhaps there is another "add" in dire need of saving, one way or another! :p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
contact info to andy_snead@hotmail.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next