Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

S/M GT Vengeance TT/Tri bike
Quote | Reply
GT Vengeance
  • HT 12.4cm, TT 56cm "C"-C where "C" is center of round seatpost, ST 48cm C-C & 61cm C-T
  • Two seat mast extensions, short is 5cm & long is 10cm, both have another 13cm of round seatpost to play with for height adjustment - short shown installed on bike in lowest position
  • Custom-machined saddle mount extension, allowing effective ST angles in well in excess of 80deg
  • Chris King 1" nothreadset with Douglas carbon spacers (about 1cm worth)
  • Ritchey stem, 17deg, 90mm
  • Syntace Streamliner clipons mounted to Stratos base bar
  • DiaCompe 188 brake levers
  • DA9 brakes-derailleurs-bar end shifters
  • 175mm Ultegra cranks with 55-39 rings, includes DA self-extracting crank bolts
  • Ultegra BB
  • SRAM 9spd chain
  • Colorado Cyclist handbuilt DA9 hubs on Mavic CXP12 aero rims, 650c
  • 12-23 DA9 cassette
  • Kenda Kaliente w/Ironcloak and Continental GP3000 tires, both 650x23

Extras
  • Profile BDC carbon aero fork, 222mm steertube (came with frame when I bought it so I know it fits...I picked up the Illuminaero-based OEM fork shown on bike later)
  • Any 650c tires and tubes I find lying around...all my rigs are 700c now
  • All spare seatpost/saddle clamp hardware I can find

This is the commercial derivative of GT's Project 96 Olympic Superbike. Nominal STA is 74deg I believe, but the (rather heavy...steel) forward-position adapter I've got on there will get you out past 80deg easily. I had a comfortable and fast body position (flat back, 90deg angles @ arms and torso, etc...all the good Slowtwitch-Approved stuff) on this frame and I'm 5'9" with fairly average/balanced leg and torso lengths. Imagine it'd fit folks slightly shorter or taller than me pretty easily.

Frame and fork finish is in good condition...has the usual nicks and scratches of a bike this old (circa 98-99). Most noticeable wear is on inner chainring, which seems to be losing it's plating/anodization. Armrest pad fabric is also slack/stretched.

With race wheels (not available...already traded) I rode it to several top AG and occasionally OA bike splits at distances from sprint to HIM...she's fast...even without the "engine". What's important is that is can be set up to let you go fast, comfortably.

Asking $650 incl. shipping with everything listed. Can supply more pics & measurements upon request.

Thanks for looking.

Carl

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Oct 1, 06 13:59
Quote Reply
Re: S/M GT Vengeance TT/Tri bike, 56cm GT ZR5000 road F&F [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump for price drops on both offerings.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: S/M GT Vengeance TT/Tri bike, 56cm GT ZR5000 road F&F [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump for last price drop before I go to Ebay.

thanks for looking!

Carl

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
bump to reflect road frame is sold, and Vengeance headed for eBay. thanks to all who expressed interest.

Carl

Carl Matson
Quote Reply