Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Planet X EXOCET has Arrived!!!
Quote | Reply
After WAY too many delays at the factory, the 2010-2011 Planet X Exocet has arrived and is ready to ship. All pre-orders have been sent out, but we still have a number of frames remaining. Don't fret if we don't have your color/size available...my second batch is en-route and will be here within 10 days!!

Frameset is $1,049 (after $50 slowtwitch discount) and includes Frame, Fork, Seatpost and an integrated Seatpost Clamp. Here are the sizes/colors currently available. Headset and Compression Nut (required) are an additional $54.99. Hurry - they are FLYING off the shelves!!

GEOMETRY AND STACK AND REACH TABLES - CLICK HERE

GET THE FULL DESCRIPTION, MORE PICTURES AND PURCHASE - CLICK HERE

Small - Matte Black (4 remaining)
Medium - Matte Black (1 remaining)
Large - Matte Black (1 remaining)

Small - White/Silver (2 remaining)
Medium - White/Silver (3 remaining)
Large - White/Silver (0 remaining)

In 10 Days OR LESS - I will be receiving at least 4 additional framesets for EACH color and EACH size!!

Last edited by: planet-x-usa: Jun 16, 10 7:48
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X EXOCET has Arrived!!! [planet-x-usa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does Planet-X intend for this bike to replace the Stealth?
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X EXOCET has Arrived!!! [justfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Does Planet-X intend for this bike to replace the Stealth?

Thanks for the question...it's a good one. We do NOT intend to discontinue the Stealth. Rather, like about every other bike company has multiple "levels" of bikes (for example, Cervelo has the P3 and P4), we will now have 2 choices for our buyers.

Blessing

Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Planet X gets two thumbs up!

Not just yet, but this will be my next tri bike :)

E Curt
Enter my raffle to win an iPad!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll take one! Will you sponsor me? :)

Jamie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian, very nice. I love my Stealth. The numbers that almost work for me is the Medium but I would need 77 cm to the saddle rails. The stack and reach is just too much on the large. Is a longer seatpost an option?

Thanks!

PS Any chance of a picture of the matt black?
Last edited by: Juanmoretime: Jun 16, 10 12:23
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X EXOCET has Arrived!!! [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is one really cool looking frame. Any XLs comming in the next shipment?
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X EXOCET has Arrived!!! [jcoop_00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second that, any XL availability?
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X EXOCET has Arrived!!! [SpeedyMcNasty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lets make that 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice. Do you have more photos of the front end, i.e. a head on view of the frame/fork? What is the diameter of the steerer tube? How long is the included seatpost? I'm assuming this is convertible to a 68mm BB using an adapter, am I correct? How does one adjust the rear wheel position (at the dropouts)? Are there full length cable guides for the internal cable routing? I couldn't find these answers on the Planet X sites.

.__o
._`\<,_
(_)/ (_)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Brian, very nice. I love my Stealth. The numbers that almost work for me is the Medium but I would need 77 cm to the saddle rails. The stack and reach is just too much on the large. Is a longer seatpost an option?

Thanks!

Thanks for the note...I'll measure the max seat post height (bb to saddle rails) tonight on the Medium. I ride the Medium and actually cut down the seat post...it is VERY tall. By the way...I posted a picture of the Matte Black for you!! I'm going to build one up this week and will update with closeups!

Blessings,

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X EXOCET has Arrived!!! [jsoltren] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Very nice. Do you have more photos of the front end, i.e. a head on view of the frame/fork? What is the diameter of the steerer tube? How long is the included seatpost? I'm assuming this is convertible to a 68mm BB using an adapter, am I correct? How does one adjust the rear wheel position (at the dropouts)? Are there full length cable guides for the internal cable routing? I couldn't find these answers on the Planet X sites.

Thanks for the interest...I will post some pics of mine head-on and post shortly. The steerer tube is 1 1/8". The length of the seatpost from the 'minimum recommended insertion' to the seat post rails is 28cm if you use the 78 degree seat position or 30cm if you use the 76 degree seat position. This still leaves 8cm of post (or over 3 inches) inserted into the frame.

The BB30 bottom bracket IS convertible to a 68mm...I stock both the Shimano and Sram BB30 adapters if necessary. The rear wheel position is adjusted by optional screw-in adjusters...unfortunately I did not get those with my first shipment, but they ARE coming with the second one. I currently use the Planet X 50mm carbon tubular wheelset with Tufo S3 Lite tires (21mm) and I have a few mm of clearance. The optional screw-in's will give another 2-3mm of setback.

Having worked with several internal cable routed bikes in the past (MANY with TERRIBLE routing), you will be VERY pleased to know that the entire internal routing is cable-guided, and the 3 that I have built so far have gone straight through the FIRST time with NO catches!!

Blessings,

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X EXOCET has Arrived!!! [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'll take one! Will you sponsor me? :)

Jamie

PM me...we'll talk!! Planet X needs a few more riders in Kona. By the way...I was at Triple T as well...I assume you saw my truck

Blessings,

Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Thanks!

OK...I measured it up and Center of BB to Top of Seat Clamp is 53cm. With the post inserted a full 3 inches (8cm, actually), you still have 28cm of post from the seat clamp to the saddle rails. This totals 81cm. You stated that you needed 77cm, so I think you are VERY comfortable on the medium!

Blessings,

Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Thanks!

OK...I measured it up and Center of BB to Top of Seat Clamp is 53cm. With the post inserted a full 3 inches (8cm, actually), you still have 28cm of post from the seat clamp to the saddle rails. This totals 81cm. You stated that you needed 77cm, so I think you are VERY comfortable on the medium!

Blessings,

Brian

Very nice. That matches up more to my Large Stealth.
Last edited by: Juanmoretime: Jun 17, 10 12:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when do you expect the X-small size to be available?

also, how accurate is the claimed frame weight?

some other brands selling this model are advertising frame weight in the 1350-1400g range.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great looking frame! The website boasts that the frame has been wind tunnel tested. Does planet x plan to release any details? Just saying that it's been to a wind tunnel doesn't have to mean that it actually tested faster than other bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When do you anticipate selling complete builds?
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X EXOCET has Arrived!!! [footwerx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

some other brands selling this model are advertising frame weight in the 1350-1400g range.

Thanks for the note. I will take 1 frame of each size and weigh them tonight for actual weights and let you know.
What I can tell you for sure is that I am personally riding a size Large with a 2010 Sram Force setup, px carbon aerobars and px 50mm wheels and the weight is 16lbs and 12oz.

blessings,

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X EXOCET has Arrived!!! [footwerx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Sorry - forgot to answer the X-Small Availability question. We do not have any currently, nor are they in our next order.
Looking at the backorder list from my factory, it appears that the first production run of X-Small will be completed early in July.
If I have a "good" demand for them, I will bring them in by air...otherwise its the "slow-boat."

Blessings,

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X EXOCET has Arrived!!! [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Great looking frame! The website boasts that the frame has been wind tunnel tested. Does planet x plan to release any details? Just saying that it's been to a wind tunnel doesn't have to mean that it actually tested faster than other bike!

Thanks for the note, and I agree completely. I have requested the data from my factory. I know that it was conducted in the San Diego wind tunnel and the results were very good. That said - i know you need the data and hopefully I will have it soon.

Blessings,

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X EXOCET has Arrived!!! [Dufflite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
When do you anticipate selling complete builds?

Good question...I already have some prices on the front page of my website (www.planet-x-usa.com). Here is a recap:

Complete Build - Sram Red Complete Build - Sram Force

• Red -Front & Rear Derailleur Force - Front & Rear Derailleur
  • Red BB30 Crankset Force BB30 Crankset
  • TT900 Shifters & Brake Levers TT 900 Shifters and Brake Levers
  • CNC UltraLight Brake Calipers CNC Ultralight Brake Calipers
  • PX Carbon Tubular 50/50 Wheelset PX Carbon Tubular 50/50 Wheelset
  • Tufo S3 Lite 21mm Tubular Tires Tufo S3 Lite 21mm Tubular Tires
  • PX Carbon Aerobars and Extenders PX Carbon Aerobars and Extenders
  • PX Saddle & Stem PX Saddle & Stem

$2,999 $2,749

**Upgrades Available** **Upgrades Available**

• 82/101 Wheelset: +$200
  • ISM Adamo Tri Saddle: +$150
  • Assembly: + $125

NOT WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR? PM ME AND I WILL CREATE A CUSTOM QUOTE FOR YOU!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6. SECONDARY SELLING: This forum is geared toward the secondary market. Those whose business is selling into the primary market (retailers) may use this forum sparingly, and only when you're liquidating items at secondary market prices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whaaa! That is a steal! Wish I "NEEDED" another bike. That matte black is sick! you planning on getting any of the red/black ones in the future? Not sure but I saw the pics somewhere. Also wish I would have saw you in person at TTT- Ohio to tell you in person how much I love both the wheel sets I got from you guys, working on a 3rd soon

Best regards,

Because Pirates Tri Harder - MTXE
http://www.scurvydogstriathlon.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next