Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

On the off chance . . . FS - 2003 Yamaha R6
Quote | Reply
So now that I've gotten back into a healthier lifestyle, I haven't been riding my motorcycles much lately. No sense keeping them, so I'm putting my cherished YZF-R6 up for sale. It's a 2003 with just under 8,000 miles, and is in fantastic condition. Comes with a bar mounted dampener, aftermarket shield, tasteful aftermarket blinkers, and a full set of frame sliders. Also has custom painted number plates with numbers (the numbers are vinyl and should come off easily), that I think look pretty cool.

The bike is in perfect mechanical condition, with nearly new tires as well. Cosmetically, it's also very clean, except there is some fairly large rash from a low speed (<10 mph) tipover by the previous owner (he tipped it in gravel, so it looks worse than it really was). I took photos of the rash so you can see it. Because of the positioning though, when you are looking at the bike you hardly notice it. Most people don't. See for yourself below.

Asking $4750 or best offer, and can help with delivery from central New Jersey within a reasonable distance.

Please PM with any questions.

Below are some photos, there are more HERE.

And yes, I've had the bike on the track, but it is by far not a track bike. It's basically stock. Still highly capable though.

-------------------------
Trek Madone 5.9SL
Felt B12 (sold)
Quote Reply
Re: On the off chance . . . FS - 2003 Yamaha R6 [SCOTTinNJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn dude... nice form/posture. I tracked my bikes too a few years ago (R6 and 600rr) - then had the worst tank slapper of my life. Luckily it self-stabilized, but that was enough to scare me out of the sport, and into triathlon.

As expensive as triathlons are - they sure beat having to buy new tires for every track day :-)
Quote Reply
Re: On the off chance . . . FS - 2003 Yamaha R6 [SCOTTinNJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bike. After 2 crashes at the track last year (no injuries or bike damage) I decided to take some time off and focus on triathlon before I exhausted all of my luck. Good luck with the sale!

------------------------------------------------
Ann Arbor Triathlon Club

Follow me on Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: On the off chance . . . FS - 2003 Yamaha R6 [DaveV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny. I never had an incident on the motos, yet broke my collarbone in a bicycle accident a year and a half ago and just recently got the plate and 7 screws taken out. Go figure...

-------------------------
Trek Madone 5.9SL
Felt B12 (sold)
Quote Reply